Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a BSD error a few days ago that comes and goes. It disables cross traffic alerts too. Anyone ever run into this? I Plan on taking it to Kia to diagnose as soon as I get a chance.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento SXL
38 Posts
Same thing to shower up in my 2018 Sorento with only 23000kms. I made the video of the error BSD LDW and Collision Mitigation System we’re not working. Took it in to my local Kia dealer. Service manager checked the vehicle he said I can’t find any fault codes registered. So can’t help unless it repeats itself again. He saw the video and said I know it happened but the computer didn’t register no faults. So don’t know what to fix cause it’s been working fine at dealership lol. Even my keys stopped working. I had to manually open the vehicle. Then it won’t start even when the Start Stop button pushed using the keyfob. All faults went away after few minutes and since then they haven’t shown up yet. And I am hoping they don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'14 Cadenza SX-L, '16 Sedona SX, Atlanta, GA, USA
226 Posts
I have it show up when I'm pulling a trailer, or have my bike rack on the back. Apparently having something attached to the back of the vehicle confuses the sensors, so it disables BSD.

If you don't have anything on the back that's triggering the sensors, try cleaning them. If that doesn't fix it, maybe you have a sensor that's going bad.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have it show up when I'm pulling a trailer, or have my bike rack on the back. Apparently having something attached to the back of the vehicle confuses the sensors, so it disables BSD.

If you don't have anything on the back that's triggering the sensors, try cleaning them. If that doesn't fix it, maybe you have a sensor that's going bad.
Man I hope it's something that easy.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The BSD was coming on and off periodically. Now it's just on all the time. Is there a way to diagnose which sensor is having the problem?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just pulled a trailer again this week and realized the message I get is different than what you got.
Mine shows BSD Disabled (after towing for a little while). Your message seems to indicate there's an actual problem with the system. If the dealer can't figure it out, I don't know what to tell you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I also realized that disabling BSD is a real hazard, especially when pulling a trailer.

Getting no indication of people in my blind spot makes me extra nervous about changing lanes. Pulling a trailer is when we need BSD the most. Why would Kia disable it?

It's also really, really annoying to have the DIC taken over by the BSD Disabled message. Any time want to view anything else, I have to press a button, then, mere seconds later, it goes right back to "BSD Disabled" with an annoying beep. Every time that happens, my wife asks, "Are we low on fuel again?" (Well, she asked it the first few times, then realized it was just the stupid BSD warning.) To make matters worse, when my wife was on a call (hands-free), the BSD warning kept beeping every few seconds, FOR NO REASON!

We need a "Towing Mode" to disable that stupid warning. We still need BSD, just not the ridiculously annoying warning that serves no purpose.

Fix it Kia!

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just pulled a trailer again this week and realized the message I get is different than what you got.
Mine shows BSD Disabled (after towing for a little while). Your message seems to indicate there's an actual problem with the system. If the dealer can't figure it out, I don't know what to tell you.

This warning also disables LDW but rear cross traffic still works. I've been super busy with work and haven't had a time to take it into my dealer. I'm already dealing with the sliding door motor issue that needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had both sliding door motors replaced right at 60K miles under warranty. It's a common issue.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had both sliding door motors replaced right at 60K miles under warranty. It's a common issue.
Yep that's what I told KIA. I even told about SA210 and they were obvlivious to it. Spoke with some lady at Corporate Consumer Affairs and she had no clue other than to deny and claim ignorance of the problem.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hmm, maybe they've had to replace so many that their costs are getting out of control and they've started denying that there's a problem. If true, that would be very disappointing.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Turns out it was a bad rear bearing sensor caused by a blown tire (from previous owner) that damaged the sensor. The dealer didn't have the part in stock but I've ordered it and will hopefully install it next week. Cheap fix too. That one sensor is responsible for the BSD warning, LDW inoperative and front collision warning sensor going off sporadically.

Kia Part No.: 52751B8100
$50.67 at dealer. Purchased it online for $36.xx.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts