Registered
Kia Ceed SW 2008
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
This will all depend on your technical (soldering skills), the location of the damaged part, the correct replacement part (right angle,PCB mount,molded into a cable).
Lots of variables out there... You need to explore the location and accessability of this USB port and "if" it's repairable.
Dave

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Not convinced you could use that part listed as modern PCB's are often double sided so manual soldering is becoming less and less possible. Amateur electronics used to be a hobby of mine and I still pride myself on the number of electronic things I can fix, but I am finding more and more that you can no longer solder on a new part because of the double sided PCBs and the small size of the components and how dense they are. Often meaning you have to replace items which is neither "green" nor economic. I would suggest that if you are a competent DIYer that you get the official Kia part and fit it yourself so you will at least save the fitting fee.

·
Registered
2K13 Forte SX Lux yada yada yada...
159 Posts
mr. Hassan,

Log into KGIS and look for the technicals and or schematics. From there you will have an idea and maybe get access. The part eBay does not look right but that does not mean you can't cannibalize parts from another USB component.

Good luck and don't forget to tell your friend that he is an infadel!

·
Registered
Kia Ceed SW 2008
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mr. Hassan,

Log into KGIS and look for the technicals and or schematics. From there you will have an idea and maybe get access. The part eBay does not look right but that does not mean you can't cannibalize parts from another USB component.

Good luck and don't forget to tell your friend that he is an infadel!
I am trying to sign up but it wont work, I get this pop up ''Please review and check the Privacy Policy and Usage Agreement''

1 - 6 of 6 Posts