Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power steering went out on my friends 01 Kia Sportage Ex and I need help on diagnosing what I need to replace. Also maybe a link to a repair manual.

·
Registered
Sportage Limited 2001
174 Posts
Looks likes he needs a gear box. I've been trying for a long time to find a full rebuild kit but haven't. Mine has too much place cause the balls inside have a lot of wear causing a lot of play.

Steve, sent from my Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Sportage Limited 2001
174 Posts
There should be a sticky link for the repair manual. Manual doesn't go into much on repairing the gear, just replacing it. Don't even tell you how to adjust it.

Steve, sent from my Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,882 Posts
The power steering went out on my friends 01 Kia Sportage Ex and I need help on diagnosing what I need to replace. Also maybe a link to a repair manual.

Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
2002 Kia Sportage, 4DR, 2WD, AT
2 Posts
Try searching for an Edelmann 9174 Steering Gear Major Seal Kit. I got one on Amazon last month, but paid $20 less than what it is currently priced at ($46).
I would think this kit would fix your leak issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts