Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased used kia rio about 2.5 weeks ago
driving last night and heard clicking that sounded it was on the right hand side of the car under the hood
toook foot off accelerator, cleared
pushed accelerator again and clicking worse
pulled off freeway, lost power steering, check engine, temp lights came on and began smoking under the hood
smoke was coming from around the stick to check the transmission fluid
had to leave it last night and need to get it towed today
any comment on what might have happened???
second question---megabucks sounding????
betty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:crying: i took the kia back to the dealership--not a kia dealership
the kia was bought used
they hemmed and hawed and suddenly came up with diesel in the gas tank
we put gas in the car the night before at a gas station (the pump we used had no diesel nozzle and beside that the diesel nozzles at this station are the new ones!!!!!)
my daughter drove the car the whole day looking for jobs the next day and it was at 7pm that the car crumped
is this possible or are we being taken for a ride
i have had several people tell us car would not start if diesel in it, not sure if this is the case here
the engine has to be replaced
not looking for law suit, just need ammo in dealing with the dealership
appreciate any comments
thanks

·
Registered
2001 Kia Rio
107 Posts
I've never put diesel in a gasoline engine but I've heard that they sputter and die after a few seconds. Then, I imagine, that you would have to drain the tank, put gasoline in it, and then turn the engine over with the starter for a minute before the gasoline forces the diesel out. I certainly can't see it running that long unless you just topped off the tank. Gasoline engines won't run on diesel but if some were mixed in to a lot of gasoline I guess that you might do okay.

Something sounds fishy....

A lot of what you described kinda' sounds like the oil pump or water pump went out and caused the engine to overheat. You need to talk to a mechanic who doesn't work for this dealership. Then you need to consider legal measures.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts