Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good DIY on how to replace a drivers side interior door handle for my 07 Optima? I have the new part. Will the door panel need to come off? If so, where are the fasteners to remove it? please advise.

·
Registered
07 Optima 2.4L
109 Posts
Hi, If you haven't gone there before, go to KiaTechInfo.com, first register, then log in, enter your Model, Year and Engine at the top, select Service Info, then look below for the Shop section corresponding to your car. Then dig down through your topics, from Body, Exterior, Front Door, and then review both Component and Repair sections. You will find drawings with exact locations there for all the screws and pop connectors which hold the inner door sections onto the sheet metal, as well as all the expanded parts. There are plastic pry tools kits available to help you pop these connectors open (also excellent for removing dash trim.) If you ever need wiring diagrams, simply choose ETM instead of Shop when you start. You should be able to print all these diagrams out. (I always remember to lubricate those tight little pop connectors when reassembling any body trim to aid in easier access for future removal.) The door trim itself lifts up and away once all screws and pop connectors are removed or pulled open, but be sure to carefully note and disconnect all the wiring connectors or they will keep you hung up. Good luck with your project and keep us posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts