Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento LX w/Convenience Package
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just got a new 2014 Kia Sorento LX a three days ago (already posted some questions on that). My wife leaves early in the morning to work and on Mon/Tue of this week when she's leaving I've noticed, what seems to me, a lot of exhaust coming out from the car. I don't remember her 2011 Sorento doing anything like this. Should I take it in or is it normal for a new car to do this? I took two pictures... one with flash and one without. I could understand if it's cold outside, but I live in South Florida and it's 79 degrees right now (5:30AM).

ImageUploadedByAG Free1374571738.894661.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1374571820.747876.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
63 Posts
I think its normal for engine to smoke from exhaust during morning/cold starts. I would see if it does if after driving or later in the day when the engine is not cold. But I will check this issue out on my car to see if it does it also

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
It's damp at night, so hot vapors from the exhaust form a mist, purely physics IMO, Besides it's a new car ;)

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
63 Posts
Started mines up this morning after a nights rainstorm. I did notice the exhaust vapors. Appears to be normal

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
63 Posts
Well took the Sorento camping this weekend with the family. It was pretty chilly during the early morning and when it was started I did see a LOT of smoke/vapors from the rear. But once it warmed up it stopped.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento LX w/Convenience Package
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took me a while to get back on here... thanks for the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts