Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this car and deal is almost done and I washed it today looked it over. Looks like someone took dirty buffer pad I mean these arent swirls they are straight clear coat scratches. Not only that but car after closer inspection has 2-3 small key marks, scratches in door handle spots. Scratch on bumper. I feel like im buying pre-owned enterprise car with 200 miles on it.

What should I do about it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi

You say the deal is "almost" done. I think I would reject the car and go some where else.

Pete

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Don't wait. More you do, more dealer will suspect you dit it. Return the car or force on them a once a lifetime deal that will make you accept the scratches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't wait. More you do, more dealer will suspect you dit it. Return the car or force on them a once a lifetime deal that will make you accept the scratches.
I told them today already scratches arnt acceptable and they know about it. Now im looking at maybe getting good amount of $$ off. What would be reasonable to ask for?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I told them today already scratches arnt acceptable and they know about it. Now im looking at maybe getting good amount of $$ off. What would be reasonable to ask for?
It should amount to a new paint job period. In that case, you could even want a paint job before taking the car. BTW what do you mean by "deal almost done"?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
407 Posts
my car came with swirl marks and 4km on the odometer (didn't even do the pre-delivery test drive).
any detailing place should be able to polish and wax the swirl marks and make it look new (not sure about the scratches however).
i would get the dealer to pay for that... i doubt they would pay for a full paint job, that is several grand... they would likely tell you to buy a different car as they are probably confident that they can sell yours...

·
Registered
313 Posts
mine came with terrible swirling from the factory, also the paint is orange-peeled

you don't buy a Kia Rio for their great paint.
Heard about the Rio bad paint. What is it exactly? Marks and chips easily? Seems I'm fortunate. My Rio came with perfect paint. :huh:

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
The scratches in the door cups are a result of people who don't know how to open doors. For some reason, their nails touch and scratch the inner part of the cup. I've had to deliver many cars with those scratches. Try my best to buff them out, but because of the position they are in, buffing with your hand/finger has it's limit.

If you absolutely hate it, you can request for an identical vehicle. But since you want money off, look for maybe 1-200.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
Heard about the Rio bad paint. What is it exactly? Marks and chips easily? Seems I'm fortunate. My Rio came with perfect paint. :huh:
under lighting you will see circular swirl marks all over it which need to be removed with a clay bar. Usually it's the result of washing the car with bad water and/or a dirty cloth unsuited to the paint. It can be just down to the paint not being good quality also. The orange peel is usually down to the paint not being applied properly.

and yes our paint also chips/flakes easily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts