Kia Forum banner

Brand New 2005 Sportage...?

7K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  littlebear 
#1 ·
Hi all

Anyone bought one of the new 2005 Sportage models...???

Anyone had any problems to report about...???

How are you getting on with it, servicing any extras you've bought...???

Really would be greatful for any feed back at all....looking to buy a 2.0 CRDI SX model...cheers

#2 ·
hi!

i bought just a few weeks ago a brand new Kia Sportage V6, what a great car it is! Only the fuel consumption is a little bit high but that is something that is heard a lot from people who bought a heavy car like this one after having sedans etc before.
The car is really great, rides very smoothly and the high stearing position is very relaxed when you live in a full country like the Netherlands!
After 1600 kilometres it's hard to give a full review but the first impression is a good one!

[attachmentid=583]
[attachmentid=584]
[attachmentid=586]

Attachments

#4 ·
I just bought a EX 05 on Saturday. It's my wife's, but I have driven it a few times and I really seem to like it. If I can only figure out how to program the garage door opener buttons on the rear view mirror I will be really happy. I like it much better than the old style though.

#6 ·
Originally posted by 666@Aug 3 2005, 10:31 PM
Very nice indeed...I bet the engine sounds fantastic...
Has it got twin pipes...???
Any more pics...???
The engine sounds very good indeed! When driving with closed windows you hear a little bit of the engine but when you open the window and then push the pedal a little bit you hear a very nice grumble from underneath the car :haha:
and yes it has got the twinpipes, the car is also nicer then the Hyundai Tucson; that car is more like the old Korean car manufacturers build their cars.
More pics are here!
[attachmentid=587][attachmentid=588][attachmentid=589][attachmentid=590]

Attachments

#7 ·
I'm assuming you have the HOMELINK feature (Ours didn't have it) First you have to teach the HOMELINK your transponder frequency which I'm sure you've done already. THEN if you have a roilling code door opener (and most are now) you have to teach the unit to recognize the source of the new signal. There's a "LEARN" button on the control panel of the garage door opener. Most units require that you press that button and within 15 seconds press and hold the HOMELINK button (that already knowes the code) until the lights on the door opener flash (usually twice). DONE!

#8 ·
Hi, we have bought brand new Sportage EX (fully loaded) wiht CRDi engine a month ago and i must say, we are enthusiastic about it. We have already done 3000km with it and it drives perfectly...handles like normal car, you don't have to be afraid of its height, looks great and it seems it has been manufactured very precisely - we also own Mercedes-Benz, so i know how well manufactured car should look like.
The economy is alo very good - consumption is about 8.5 litres/100km combined, 7.5l/100km out-of-town. We have been told, that these figures should get better when the car has 10 000km.

#9 ·
The wife and I traded in our Spectra for an 05 Sportage. Great ride, nice stereo (for factory), and other good things. There has been two problems with the Sportage since buying it. One is the recall, and the second is the nose looking like it has a cold. After buying it, I did not see the mess in the front, but after going on a long trip with it, the wife noticed something that looked like snot running down the grill (inside of the headlights). After some looking around I figured out that it was coming from the two holes in the hood of the Sportage. I took it to our nearest Kia dealer and they said they had not seen it before, but when we looked on the lot there were a couple of other Sportages with the same problem. The maintenance people said that they would have to contact Kia to find out what to do. In the mean time, they told me to bring it up and they would wash the goo off the SUV. All fine and dandy, except I'm not driving 20 miles to get my nose wiped. Anyway they called us a week or so later and told us they had a fix for it. So we go up and they put rubber plugs in the holes. I'm just wondering if any one else has had this problem? Also what did you use to clean this garbage off of it?

Steve

#10 ·
Hi all,
Joined this group 6 months ago when I ordered my new Sportage V6 XS in black cherry expecting delivery in 6 weeks. Well it was delivered 2 days ago and at first sight it was worth the wait. Only done 50 miles in it so far (I don't get out much!) and it runs perfectly, very smooth and looks great. According to the dealer Kia were only supplying to the UK, V6 models with premium pack i.e tan coloured seats etc and could have had that at no extra cost but I think black interior looks much better. Will post again when I have more miles on the clock.
Regards,
Addicksfan

#12 ·
Yes We Just bought the sportage ex v6 . 800 miles and about 17 mps around town I hoped for 19 and 23 on the hiway. My sun roof cover inside slides back a little when you drive and I also have a snapping sound from the right front when You take off. The service department said to bring it in and they will take a look at it. I will keep You posted. The sportage drives great I Am happy with it If the gas mileage gets better. I would Like to here From someone who has more miles on there's and if the gas mileage gets any better. Thanks Littlebear. Texas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.