Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

Please would somebody kindly help me out on this one. Have just had an MOT done on my Kia Ceed Station Wagon 1.6 CRDi LS 5dr 2008.
(Current Milage : 34859
An amber advisory notice says the front brake discs and pads will need changing and the chap in the dealership said bring it back in about 2000 miles.

I had the rear ones (both pads and discs) done six months ago amounting to a total cost of £273.53 parts and labour at the dealership in Worcester.

Please could somebody advise on the following :

1. Can I get somebody else to fit if I source and supply the parts other than my local Kia garage ?

2. If I take on the above option - will I still be leaving my warranty unaffected??

3. Where can I go for reasonably priced genuine parts?

4. Will I need any fluid replacement for a front brake set replacement ??

5. To make absolutely sure If I source these parts - please can you advise exactly as to which parts/items ect I will require for the job. I have a chap happy to fit for me for £50 labour.

Many thanks in advance for your help - Thank you

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Pads and Rotors at 35,000 Miles seems a bit early. It's usual to get twice that before attention is needed, and then you might just change the pads. Do you drive harder than most?

£50 Labour sound pretty good. Even if you get genuine parts, you will save a lot. Can't see why alternative parts should be a warranty worry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts