Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not own this vehicle and have been looking to purchase it. I took it for a test drive and everything seemed fine, besides the vibration in the steering wheel which I'm not sure of either.

After I did my test drive I put my foot on the brake pedal and the parking lights came on. What could this be?

It's in a 1999 Sephia.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Most probably low brake fluid, but since it is a used car and you want to buy it I won't thrust that. Have it checked before your purchase by a thrusted mech, both for the vibration and the brakes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
the vibration is from the stock (crappy) soft rubber motor mounts, it really starts kicking when worn, putting in solid reduces the kick, you'll feel the engine more (along with more power and alot mroe torque) but it wont be nearly as bad. I made my own brackets to keep the engine from bucking until i cna get some solid mounts.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,115 Posts
a wrong bulb. this smae thing happened to me.. you placed an 1156 in the place of an 1157... check the rear lights.

the vibration is just kias.... I havent seen a 1 that doesnt vibrate at above 60mph..... Ive driving 5 of them......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts