Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have always had a problem w/ the rear drums on my '03 working better than the should, intermitently. What happens is sometimes when stopping the rear brakes will pull the back of the van down and make kind of a honking noise. It only seems to happen when they are warm and the dealer has been useless in trying to fix the problem as I can never get it to do it when they were in the car.

They always said that I could swing by when I was out and about and the problem happened but I am never out w/o the van full of family and I don't want to have a family outing at the Kia dealer. ;-)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd be intrested to know too 'cos my 04 sedona td is at the dealer now who reported "lipped brake discs (rotors)". When I suggested that they were defective if they had died in 20,000 miles I was told its down to brake style - but I drive a manual and brake with the gears ? I expect a slight lip but is this just touting for work ? It should be back tommorow so will have a look .........

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
03_Sedona_EX - has the dealer ever had the rear drums off of the van? Sounds like the shoes are chattering some.

eco - Were both sides of each rotor lipped? One side and not the other?

·
Registered
391 Posts
mine needs new pads again the first set started to "brake fade" when braking hard on a hill for more than 2 seconds after 6500 miles, I got them changed at 15,000 and the disks had some slight- but I left the disks and need new pads again soon, they are starting to fade again.

I have an automatic - and it is quite common for the pads to only be good for 10,000 miles on these sedonas apparently. I may change them myself next time and save myself £60, and get some better pads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by KiaMech@Jun 24 2005, 04:24 AM
03_Sedona_EX - has the dealer ever had the rear drums off of the van? Sounds like the shoes are chattering some.
eco - Were both sides of each rotor lipped? One side and not the other?
The only time the dealer has had them off was the first time I went in there reporting the problem and they couldn't reproduce it. So they said that they removed the drum and supposedly cleaned things up (more than likely just saying that to put my mind at ease).

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts