Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving my daughter's 2004 Sorrento, I noticed that each time I moved my foot from the accelerator to the brake and back again, the top (toes) of my foot came in contact with the roof of the pedal area. It felt uncomfortable and unsafe. When I completed my journey, I noticed that the toe of my boot was scuffed from the continual contact. The feeling was that my foot was getting stuck up there and that it would cut down on my reaction time from brake to accelerator and back again.

My daughter mentioned that she had the same problem and also had scuffed shoes to prove it. I took the Kia to the dealer who said that there was nothing wrong with it.

Does anyone know if there is a minimum clearance space that should be above the brake/accelerator pedal, or does anyone else have this concern? I feel this is a safety concern for my daughter and it may be that this indiviudal Sorrento is just off a few inches in design.

I drive a Lexus SUV myself and there is ample foot room.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tried to add a picture of the problem I am having - not sure if it will work or not, but hope it does. The picture shows what looks like an electrical socket hanging down just over the brake and the foot pedal - it is firmly attached, but looks so out of place that I have a hard time believing it's in the right place - anyone else have this appendage sticking down from the underneath area of their foot pedal area?
I plan to take it back to the dealer anyway, but thought I would ask..Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
The picture worked fine. Now I can see why you are having problems. I think that it is out of place too. I have nothing like that in that area on my 04 Sorento.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have something similar on my 05 Sorento but it is mounted higher it seems; I did hit it a few times; seems out of place; what's the sbdo whatver socket used for? I'd appreciate knowing what your dealer says; seems like it should be moved.

Dick @: [email protected] (feel free to email me the answers ) Thnx

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a 2004 and the OBD2 socket is in the same location. After viewing your picture, and looking at my own Sorento, yours appears to be installed backwards. My plug faces the firewall and up, yours faces forward and down. Mine is completely behind the panel under the steering wheel, I have a size 12.5 shoe and have plenty of foot room.

Take it to the dealer and have them check it out and install it correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts