Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2.9 sedona 2005
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are brake pads easy to do yourself on a sedona 2005
i have done pads on every other car i have owned myself,i cant see these being any different
just dont fancy paying a garage £70 to fit them :-(

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
If you have done other brake jobes your van is no diff. Should be easy for you.

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2003
79 Posts
A doddle

Its a doddle did mine on 2003 crdi, but word of caution there are two different types of pads the local motor factor had for my car.

As we couldn't tell from my photo of the old pad,(had to use the car to go to the motor factors).

He let me take both and it took me a long time to figure out with both sets in front of me where there is a difference.

In the height at the centre of the "arch",... and less than a millimetre difference in length. Of course the old pads are so rusted the length measurement is no good to identify, but the height at the apex of the arch is.

Once I was certain I had the correct parts. Fitting them was done in no time at all ,by far easiest pad replacement job on any car I've ever done.
Good luck

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
71 Posts
I have had good luck with AutoZone's Duralast brake products. They perform well and they don't break the bank. My 2011 Sedona will likely need a brake job before inspection time, and that's what it's getting when that time arrives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts