Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I serviced the Sorento for the first time, 15,000 KM routine service. The brake pads were replaced as they were used almost completely.

To me it seems that brake pads should last more then 15,000 KM. Do any of you Sorento owners have experience with other pads, such as ceramic? look at:
http://www2.autopartsauthority.com/parts/a...et&category=All

Is it easy to replace them DIY?

Ilan

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
The stock kia pads arent the greatest at lasting...
Id say just pick up a better set on the net and get a brake shop to replace or if you can do it yourself it isnt too bad.......

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I have got about 15,500 miles on my Sorento. The rotors are beginning to act up so Im sure the brake pads a just about shot too. Definatly not going to the dealer becasue they want way too much to replace it all. I will do it myself. So I cant really answer your question becasue I am in the same boat you where just in. It would be nice though to have them last longer than they do.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for the answers.

Before the next service I will look for other brake pads then the dealers and will install them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have about 12,000 miles on my Sorento, so haven't looked into changing brake pads yet. However, on my other car I use Axxis Metal Masters. I have used them through about three front brake pad changes now, and am very pleased with them. They offer superior lifespan, better stopping power and less brake dust. I don't know their website, but if you just use your favorite search engine and type "Axxis Metal Master" you'll find plenty of folks who sell them. The ones for my '91 Nissan 300ZX were about $40 per axle. Axxis also makes some exotic material pads; ceramics and the like. I think they would be worth investigating for the Sorento.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Socalzguy,

Thank you for the information I will definitely use it before the next pads change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.