Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this week that my front brakes are squeeling a little bit at slow speed, and stopping.

Are there any "tricks" to doing the brake pads myself?

Also, what brand pads does everyone recommend?

Thanks,
Eldon

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, the brands/pads that I have available are...

Wearever Silver
Wearever Gold
Wearever Premium Platinum Ceramic
Wagner Thermoquiet

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you need help deciding what to get I can definitely help you out. Also it depends on your driving style so you know what type of brake pad to get. I am a vendor here on the site and I sell brake pads, rotors etc. so you do get get a discount as well. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
09 Borrego EX V8 2WD
103 Posts
OK, the brands/pads that I have available are...

Wearever Silver
Wearever Gold
Wearever Premium Platinum Ceramic
Wagner Thermoquiet
I don't need brake pads yet, but when I do, I'll definitely get ceramic for the low dusting characteristics. The Wagner Thermoquiet has some very good online reviews. From what I’ve read, I’ll be getting those for my EX V8 Borrego when it’s time. I have 37k miles now and my brakes look very good still. How many miles did you (or others) get on your original pads?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't need brake pads yet, but when I do, I'll definitely get ceramic for the low dusting characteristics. The Wagner Thermoquiet has some very good online reviews. From what I’ve read, I’ll be getting those for my EX V8 Borrego when it’s time. I have 37k miles now and my brakes look very good still. How many miles did you (or others) get on your original pads?
Yes, with ceramic brake pads you do get low dust and low brake noise but doesn't have that initial bite you get with other compounds. Most people choose the ceramic pads when they want low dust. When you do plan on changing your brakes, let me know and I'd be glad to help you out.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX V8 2WD
111 Posts
My front pads were squealing too just like you mention. I took them apart, which is incredibly simple and cleaned everything up. I put Wagner Thermoquiet on and I couldn't be happier. I made sure to clean and grease the parts that required it and they are silent and smooth. My rotors looked great and I probably could have put my old pads back on. The Wagner compared to the OEM seem to be more substantial and higher quality. Bought them at Advance Auto. With a 20% off coupon, I paid around $55.

I also put the Wagner on my GMC Z71 with Bosch rotors. They made for a sweet combination.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I haven't done my pads yet but when I rotated my tires I was checking them out. The pads look the same as my Chevy Venture pads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts