Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
YR150NC 15 Plate - Kia Cee'd 1.4 Litre
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anybody tell me the average lifespan of brake pads and discs for a Kia Cee'd 1.4ltr? I've had my car for 5 years and haven't even done 24,000 miles yet. I've taken it for it's annual service and MOT and I've been told that it's failed the MOW on the brake pads and discs and it'll cost £279.00 to replace them for both the front wheels. Does this seem correct? It doesn't seem like they should have been this used yet as I can see it says online that they can last up to 70,000 Miles.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,092 Posts
Worn brake pads at 24K miles would be premature, but not impossible - aggressive stop-go city driving could wear them out even earlier than that.

Very unusual for brake discs/rotors to be worn by at that mileage.

Best get a second opinion.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,454 Posts
Braking habits can cause fast wear as posted. ALSO CLIMATE and amount of driving lack of use can and will affect rotor and pad life. I did complete brakes on my daughters 09 Spectra 4 years ago, and am changing pads and rotors again NOW due to the car not being driven much this last year to keep rusting/corrosion from building up and accelerating wear. We are in the NY snow/rustbelt area of Buffalo, NY and quite common for this without annual brake system cleaning/lubing of moving brake parts.

Reactions: Lou O.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts