Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Niro with 13000 miles. The brakes make a creeking noise when it comes to a stop and when let go of the brake, on raining days. The brake fluid also isn't at the full level. Has anyone also had this problem?

·
Registered
58 Posts
so is the squeaking metal on metal sound like your pads are worn down? do you hear the sound through the whole stopping process? This is only on rainy days? Where are you measuring your BL level? I would recommend you bring the car in and have it looked at if it is under waranty to make sure you do not have a fluid leak (is your garage floor clean?) the description of the creaking sounds more like the rotors and pads are wet and there is more slippage due to reduced frication.

if it sounds like grinding it's pads and maybe rotors. the fluid is independent and should be investigated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Niro with 13000 miles. The brakes make a creeking noise when it comes to a stop and when let go of the brake, on raining days. The brake fluid also isn't at the full level. Has anyone also had this problem?
After a few days of what you describe I took my old truck to my favorite mechanic who told me it was just due to humidity. These brakes have a lot of miles on them but he assured me they’re not unsafe. Sure enough, in nice weather it never happens but in the humidity it does.

Try and notice whether it takes longer to stop when you hear them like that. For me, there is no difference in stopping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
5am
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing