Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento SX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to know if it is possible to replace the reflectors in the back bumper with red brake lights? I have seen different kinds of reflectors that can be added,but haven't came across actual brake lights...any ideas?

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
763 Posts
I had my bumper cladding off to install a tow hitch and it looked like the reflectors had an opening where a bulb holder/socket can be inserted. This was on a 2012 SX. You may be able to splice into the brake light wiring. The SX has LED brake lights so I don't know if any issues would come up because of that.

There could be side effects to doing what you want...like having a blinker flash faster or not having enough power for all brake lights...you'll have to research that.

I had done this on my previous car and there were no issues.

Please fill in your profile...model and location.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
763 Posts
Nope. I haven't read anyone else that's done this yet. You'll have to measure and go down to local auto parts store to find pieces that match.

If you were in Canada, I'd suggest Canadian Tire stores...but your not in Canada :) Probably an auto-zone, pep boys where you can ask about sizes and get your hands on pieces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts