Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Rio
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, have a new problem. I have my emergency brake lite on and the emergency brake is off. Then I noticed it only came on when I step on the brakes, then when I release it, it goes back off. Any idea's? is this a brake fluid leak? (noticed some oily residue on the passenger side door at the bottom but none on the ground)

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Check your fluid in the master cylinder. If it is low fill it up and then check for leaks. The light comes on if you have the parking brake applied or you are low on fluid. The brake lines rot out on our car's around the back wheel wells and also the front wheel wells give it a good check for leaks. Also check that the brake pad's and drum pad's aren't worn out. And one other thing the wheel cylinders in the back are prone to leak also. Been there and done that for all the issues i mentioned. Good luck and hopefully you have found your issue. Reguard's Ronjohn

·
Registered
2003 Kia Rio
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx again Ronjohn !!! I did fill up the MC as it was hitting on the low line. didnt notice a leak the next day after driving it for a bit to see if the level drops. but then today noticed something is leaking close to the back passanger side door (underneath looked like some sort of box shape thing). going to take it in and have it checked tomorrow, hopefully wont cost much also need some tires

1 - 3 of 3 Posts