Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento SX AWD
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started noticing clicking sound inside the gear stick whenever I reach around 10 kph below with the brakes pressed. It's a AT V6. I haven't called the dealer yet, I just wanted to share it here. Anyone with the same issue? :(

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
Its the solenoid that allows you to shift from park after the brake is depressed, most likely. Mine does the same thing and im gonna bring it in to get the solenoid replaced which you should do as well. There as few other threads you can find with info if you look around but this is the most likely culprit. Cheap part and quality control as many others have reported this problem.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX AWD
251 Posts
Started noticing clicking sound inside the gear stick whenever I reach around 10 kph below with the brakes pressed. It's a AT V6. I haven't called the dealer yet, I just wanted to share it here. Anyone with the same issue? :(
Yep, I posted an thread about it quite a while ago. Finally got the dealer to fix mine, they replaced the solenoid. You can still hear it if the radio is off and you listen for it, but it's FAR better than it was before when everyone in the car could hear it.

It's a craptastic design and it will always make some noise, but when it's "right" you can barely hear it.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento SX AWD
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Came to kia and they've said many have been complaining about this.. And since its not a safety issue , they're telling customers and also to me to be more patient cause as of now even if they replace the solenoid thing , it will just come back eventually. They dont have a definite resolution on this yet but yeah i'l still follow up every now and then

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX AWD
251 Posts
Came to kia and they've said many have been complaining about this.. And since its not a safety issue , they're telling customers and also to me to be more patient cause as of now even if they replace the solenoid thing , it will just come back eventually. They dont have a definite resolution on this yet but yeah i'l still follow up every now and then
I will agree that it's a craptastic design, but I could hear it in my new Sorento within a few weeks of owning it, and it just got worse.

I had mine replaced almost a year ago and it's still nearly silent. I think they must have redesigned it to not make as much noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts