Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) My Optima 2004 LX V6 has a rather "soft" feel to the brake pedal and it has only a few thousand miles on it (always been like this). Just drove a 2005 for a few days and the brakes feel much firmer. Does your 2004 have a soft brake pedal? I realize that if it's my car only, than I will have to bleed the brakes, but if it's everyones, than why bother?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in Oz and my Optima has a soft feeling brake pedal compared with the usual run of
the mill of local product here. I have had experience with Mitsubishi vehicles over the years and the Optima pedal feel would be comparable. The Optima is largely based on the Mitsubishi sedan from a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,115 Posts
Originally posted by willy@Feb 20 2005, 10:57 PM
I'm in Oz and my Optima has a soft feeling brake pedal compared with the usual run of
the mill of local product here. I have had experience with Mitsubishi vehicles over the years and the Optima pedal feel would be comparable. The Optima is largely based on the Mitsubishi sedan from a few years ago.
The Optima is largely based on the Mitsubishi sedan from a few years ago.
Ive never heard of that ever before! any article to back that up. kia had no partnership ever with mitsu.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
My theory is Hyundai Sonata = Optima. Hyundai Sonata shares a lot of mechanicals from older Diamante sedan. Hyundai is/was partly owned by MMC. Attached is pic of Diamante.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by willy@Feb 24 2005, 06:52 AM
My theory is Hyundai Sonata = Optima. Hyundai Sonata shares a lot of mechanicals from older Diamante sedan. Hyundai is/was partly owned by MMC. Attached is pic of Diamante.
MMC only owned 10% of Hyundai, when i look up the history of them both the only part they shared was a 4 cylinder engine and that was quite a while back. I think you will find that a Hyundai Sonata IS a Hyndai Sonata and if it shared anything it would more likely be with Mazda but that is still only Engine Related.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The view below seems quite prevalent but may not be exactly true. I test drove a 2003 Galant 2.0 (non-Mivec) and found Optima 2.0 is clearly quieter and more powerful, particularly when driven at 75-150kph. Between the twos personally, Optima is a distinctly better car.

Conversely, impression on Japs models were that many of them might have stagnated since the mid-90s unless you opt for the premium edition of each models. They have now focused much on face-lift, asthetics and obviously lavish commercials. Perhaps, the Korean Sirius II engine could be a refinement reflecting the complacency of Mitsubishi.

Originally posted by willy@Feb 20 2005, 09:57 PM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts