Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Sedona. I have been having an issue for several months. I will temporarily lose steering and the brake light and battery light will come one. There is also a squealing coming from one of the front tires. This is a few minutes after I have started the engine and start driving. The lights may quickly flash or stay on for a minute or less. It seems to happen the most on mornings when it is raining. I have been to the mechanic, but they can't duplicate the issue. Wondering if anyone else has the same issue or has any ideas.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,846 Posts
I have a 2009 Sedona. I have been having an issue for several months. I will temporarily lose steering and the brake light and battery light will come one. There is also a squealing coming from one of the front tires. This is a few minutes after I have started the engine and start driving. The lights may quickly flash or stay on for a minute or less. It seems to happen the most on mornings when it is raining. I have been to the mechanic, but they can't duplicate the issue. Wondering if anyone else has the same issue or has any ideas.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/account-details

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
381 Posts
I havnet seen this exact problem,
1. it sounds as if a pully/pump/altenator is grabbing and stopping the belt from turning causing the power steering and altenator from spinning which would cause the heavy steering plus the battery/brake light to come on .

2. or the belt tentioner is on its way out, loosing tention casusing the same simptims

or the front timing cover is leaking on to the altenator causing the battery/brake light to come on, heavy steering??????? oil on the belt causing the power steering pump to slip?

Given the sqeeling noise as well Iam thinking number 1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts