·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5 Posts
They actually aren't bad. Very well made . I have one ( used for 1 month) still in the box. It puts out pretty good bass. Let me know if you are interested . I'll send some photos and give you a good price.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
101 Posts
Thanks for the idea. I also have been looking to add about 400w of bass to my Sportage. My question is, where are you thinking about putting it? I was thinking of two options. It could either go in that foam compartment under the cargo area (given it is not to large in depth, and heat purposes) or under that and find a way to keep it stable where the spare tire is.

·
Registered
Carnival EX Limited
83 Posts
Boss is known for hugely overrating the power of their products. Note it's got a 15a fuse so the reality is it will make about 150w rms, and I'm guessing the speaker will be quite inefficient.

Having said that it's cheap and as long as you go into the purchase knowing that it might not be everything it claims then it could be worth a shot. Just don't expect too much from it. Probably good for someone with a baby as it'll add bottom end without waking the baby

·
Registered
5 Posts
It will never put out the kind of bass an actual Sub will but for an under the seat sub , it's the best one Ive ever heard . (And I have had several). It may be cheap , but it's very well made. (All Steel) and quite heavy.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
101 Posts
Anyone know the heat of these things? I have measured the compartment in the cargo tray and it will fit being there since it is 3 inches in depth. I fully understand it will not have the deep base ( I have had car audio with large sub-woofers) my idea is to remain sleek and low profile because like before I hated loosing trunk space for something I occasionally crank up and enjoy. Also, the RMS is 400W, I would love to buy the exact same box with lets say a Polk, or Pioneer sub but I haven't found any with 3 inches in depth. But back to my heat question, Ralph958, how hot does the box get? Do you think it will be too hot to put in the cargo plastifoam? Id rather not put it under the passenger seat because my fiance and I travel in this together often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It would be fine. Ventilation is limited under the seat too. If , for some reason , it get too hot it will shut down until it cools off. It will increase your bottom end noticeably but not be overpowering as some subs are. It comes with a remote volume control. IMO , its
the best sounding sub of it's kind ( and also one of cheapest).

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
101 Posts
Well...Thanks Ralph958. I think you have helped me in my decision. I think with the Cargo Rubber mat on top of this also will provide a nice insulation to the vibration I may experience. If all fails, i'll put it under the seat, or return it. I had about 200w RMS on my last car, and I think this should compete just nicely. I'm not the competition sub guy pissing you off at 10pm rolling down the street. I'd just like a nice thump for my own pleasure. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts