Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Advanced Auto Parts the other day an saw the Bosch Icon wiper blades were on sale. I inquired about them for my vehicle and the salesclerk said they weren't for my vehicle. I looked it up and it should take drivers side 24" (24a) and passenger side 18" (18a). I checked online on the AAP website and it doesn't show compatible Icon blades for the 3G 2012 Sportage. Do you think it's a glitch on the website? Why wouldn't the correct side blades work? I'm assuming the only incompatibility would be where the arms meet the blades, but manufacturers of blades usually supply adapters to fit older or newer cars. Anyone know for sure as I'd prefer to use the best and so far the Bosch Icons are the best I've found.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,868 Posts
Here we go again......yet another wiper thread

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok nice help there. I sort of have a pet peeve when people give these throw away responses, when it could be easier to just give the helpful answer posters are looking for instead of a trite and condescending, "Use the search feature".

First of all the search feature works like crap in here. Searching for "wipers" yielded a bunch of random topics and not many not even from the 3G Sportage forum.

Secondly, I asked a question about Advanced Auto Parts not listing the Bosch Icon blades for the 3G 2011+ Sportages. Why would this be? There are no specific threads asking this very question, which is why I posted it here.

Now, feel free to answer any of these questions if you'd like, but lose the rude, and condescending attitude, and if you do NOT have things to add to a thread, keep quiet.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
A wiper is a wiper, as long as you get the correct size and one that connects using the "shepherd's hook", it will work.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,868 Posts
Ok nice help there. I sort of have a pet peeve when people give these throw away responses, when it could be easier to just give the helpful answer posters are looking for instead of a trite and condescending, "Use the search feature".

First of all the search feature works like crap in here. Searching for "wipers" yielded a bunch of random topics and not many not even from the 3G Sportage forum.

Secondly, I asked a question about Advanced Auto Parts not listing the Bosch Icon blades for the 3G 2011+ Sportages. Why would this be? There are no specific threads asking this very question, which is why I posted it here.

Now, feel free to answer any of these questions if you'd like, but lose the rude, and condescending attitude, and if you do NOT have things to add to a thread, keep quiet.
If you use Advanced Search option, you can search individual forums........

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD Mineral Silver
460 Posts
I went to Advanced Auto Parts the other day an saw the Bosch Icon wiper blades were on sale. I inquired about them for my vehicle and the salesclerk said they weren't for my vehicle. I looked it up and it should take drivers side 24" (24a) and passenger side 18" (18a). I checked online on the AAP website and it doesn't show compatible Icon blades for the 3G 2012 Sportage. Do you think it's a glitch on the website? Why wouldn't the correct side blades work? I'm assuming the only incompatibility would be where the arms meet the blades, but manufacturers of blades usually supply adapters to fit older or newer cars. Anyone know for sure as I'd prefer to use the best and so far the Bosch Icons are the best I've found.

I have those exact wipers and they go on perfectly. Not sure why Advanced Auto doesn't show the right sizes, but if you go to Bosch's site, they list the right ones: Bosch Vehicle Part Finder

They work awesome for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts