Kia Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
KIA is never going to admit to a problem with the Borrego/Mohave and the DBC light/transmission lock/or any other problem with the vehicle. I think of how excited I was with the purchase and it just makes me sick.

"Your check will be mailed in 60-90 days after receipt of signed agreement." Why does it take that long? KIA knows we can't afford an attorney for this matter, so they agreed to the monetary settlement I had been promised from the very first call from Corporate. I really wanted a different vehicle, but that was out of the question from their standpoint. Afterall, I have the KIA warranty, so all mechanical issues will be taken care of!! You can bet I will be taking the vehicle in for every little hiccup!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
No. They just agreed to pay us for the inconviences we've encountered. Of course, they determined how much that would be!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well All,

The dealer in Lebanon has contacted us and declared the truck will be ready tomorrow...

Apparently they replaced 'an electronics controller' and that resolved all the problems....

Remains to be seen as to exactly what it was they replaced and whether or not it really resolves the problem(s).. I'll post an update when we find out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All,

I posted several months ago that I was having this issue and have been to my dealer multiple times to see if they could locate what the problem is.

They tried a few fixes but it still did not work. Have continually had the issue. Well it happened again yesterday

Started Borrego
Put it in reverse
Vehicle snapped backwards
So of course I look and the ESC lights are on again
So I drove it straight to the dealer....first time I have been able to do that with ESC lights on.

They looked at it and decided to call KIA for support. They called me back today and they are going to replace the Transmission Control Module.

So what do you guys think about that....are they on the right path????

Thanks

Dave

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
21 Participants
dmiles7
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing