Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*****Note: Caution: Please make sure you study your own system in case there may be a model or year (mine 2009) that does not match below. I don't want to be responsible for anyone cutting a wire that oops.. voids your warranty or anything or shorts a fuse or melts your dash.
I bought 3 rolls of 50 foot 16 gauge monster cable. Lessons learned forum's gain so enjoy.

Here are the color codes for the back of the Radio non infinity system.
I willl start with the positive side of the block which should be the top of the brown connector block.

+ side:--------------typical connection for after market
RR = White ----------Violet
FR = Red------------ Grey
FL = Orange----------White
RL = White------------Green

- side:
RR = Brown -----------Violet /black stripe
FR = Blue -------------Grey / black stripe
FL = Green------------White / black stripe
RL = Black ------------Green / black stripe

Crutchfield said that the blue/white wire was the remote wire to turn the amplifier on and off... not this truck... I ended up picking the orange wire on the large connector C I forgot which pin location...

I have also attached my pictures of the Kia

IMG00093.jpg

IMG00094.jpg

The connectors images / diagrams can be found on www.Kiatechinfo.com

Audio Assembly Replacement
1. Remove the center fascia garnish (A).

2. Remove the center air vent (A).

3. Disconnect the connector (A).

4. After loosening the audio assembly mounting screws, then remove the audio assembly (A).

5. Disconnect the connectors (A).

6. Installation is the reverse of removal.

• Make sure the connector are connected in properly.

So how do you get to the back of the radio you ask? Take the two side panel strips off but start from the bottom inside with a flat screw driver and work your way up prying slowly.

Happy upgrading out there... I installed my amp in the back where the handle for the fuel door is. Plenty of room and should be enough space for air circulation. Next project is coming in the mail to put in wood in my truck will post those pics on a thread someone else had earlier in the forum.

IMG00124.jpg IMG00125.jpg

·
Registered
233 Posts
Should have went with a different amp, like a MTX or JL Audio then you wouldn't need a remote turn on with speaker level input.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should have went with a different amp, like a MTX or JL Audio then you wouldn't need a remote turn on with speaker level input.
Thank you for the advice. The Alpine was cheap so you get what you pay for. I hope you enjoyed the research. The sound did improve I can now hear the highs and the lows throughout any form of media I choose (ie. satelite, mp3, cd, radio, usb). Alot cleaner signal, sound etc.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts