Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Borrego EX V8 Limited
1 Posts
So I recently purchased a low mileage Borrego that I am very happy with, and everything works great except the rear A/C. I've read about a few other people who have experienced this same issue where the moment I turn on the rear system, it immediately switches to high heat. I'v read that if you disconnect the rear control panel and reconnect that sometimes it resets itself, but I cannot figure out how to disconnect it from the console. I've removed the side trim and 6 screws holding it on, but it appears there is something attaching it at the top also. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I really don't use the rear system often, but it drives me crazy having something malfunctioning in my vehicle like that.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,889 Posts
So, I was able to fix this problem. Taking apart the trim around the rear ac control panel was a pain, but I succeeded without breaking anything. I'm pretty sure one of my kids kicked the switch or hit it with a back pack or something. I unplugged the controls and popped the cover off the circuit board on the back. The circuit board has a tiny triangle that the hot/cold switch fits into, and I mean TINY. I'm guessing the switch was knocked over the triangle which left it being constantly pointed in the up (Heat) position on the circuit board. I put it back together very carefully to make sure the triangle was centered in the switch, and it worked fine after that.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts