Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since our Borregos are body on full frame vehicles I was wondering if anyone has done a body lift on theirs yet? I know it is a common mod on Jeep Wranglers, and the Sportage guys do them to get clearance for a little bigger tires, as well as a little more room for the suspension to compress without the tires contacting the wheelwells. So why not the Borrego? I'm thinking something on the order of 1-1/2" to 2".

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I looked at getting a little larger tires, a more standard size to go on the 18" rims...but when turning to full lock, the tires rub on the frame (265/70-18) which could have been moved a little with a sledgehammer, but I don't want to void the warranty by doing that. A body lift will not give you more fore and aft room, just up and down. I would be more interested in a lift that would give the suspension more travel without affecting the CV joints as well as enlarging the wheels wells to permit larger tires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at getting a little larger tires, a more standard size to go on the 18" rims...but when turning to full lock, the tires rub on the frame (265/70-18) which could have been moved a little with a sledgehammer, but I don't want to void the warranty by doing that. A body lift will not give you more fore and aft room, just up and down. I would be more interested in a lift that would give the suspension more travel without affecting the CV joints as well as enlarging the wheels wells to permit larger tires.
If rubbing at full steering lock is the issue that should be able to be relieved with wheel spacers and / or by adjusting the steering stops. Of course you'd end up with a little larger turning radius...

An inch or two of body lift would allow that much more up-travel before the tires would come into contact with the inner fenderwells or suspension components. I haven't looked at the suspension closely enough yet to figure out whether or not spring spacers can be installed for a mild suspension lift...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts