Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
GSXR1000, Aprilia SXV550, Aprilia RSV4 Factory
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI,
If you searched for a battery for your Borrego, you know that it is a odd size. The dealers want a very high price >$300. Check Batteries +. If you have one in your area, an exact replacement is only $115. I am still on my OE battery, but, when it gives up that is what I plan to replace it with.

·
Registered
Borrego 2009
74 Posts
The V8 original battery is large and fits the tray but when replaced under warranty Kia now uses the same battery as the V6 which is smaller both in size and CCA. The larger battery is no longer available through KIA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is a V6 and the battery was not an issue - Advance Auto Parts had it and I used a $40 off coupon to make the final cost under 80 bucks.

I had a "normal" battery as a spare but it was too wide. And, the battery hold-down wouldn't engage. Seems there was an issue with that fuse-block gizmo as well. The way the battery mounts and connects in the Kia is unusual in my experience. But, that's just the way it is. Fortunately, I probably won't have to deal with it again.

I prefer the days of lead terminals and simple mounting. Just about any size could be used due to the "open" battery mounting scheme. But, it seems virtually everything today is "custom" in one sense or another.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts