Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sorento CRDI XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

The boot of our Sorento is locked shut. I think I know the reason why (the internal rod has come undone) however I need to open the boot to fix it.

Is there a way of doing this? I have open the glass hatch and climbed inside but can't see anyway :(

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
You are going to have to remove the trim to trip the lock manually. I haven't checked but in many station wagons you can greet it off with the door down.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Sportage, 98 Sportage, 2012 Tata Xenon, 1944 Jeep
515 Posts
I had a look I think you should be able to get the rear trim off with the hatch down. You will have to take it easy though. You MICHT be able to trip it with screwdriver or similar, through the small slot at the bottom on the inside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
kia sorento xse 2005. the boot/tailgate wont open either by key or handle. it is ajar and the warning chimes keep going. I tried to push it to fully close it but it wont (I tried this on a working boot too but it wont lock unless you fully open and close the boot so I guess this is not related to the lock problem) close fully.My kia service agent said they had never experienced this before and didnt know how to open the boot or remove it in this situation. In frustration I cut out the centre panel of the interior of the door. all the rods are connected and the levers seem to work/move properly. I cant really get my hand in or see clearly what to move/pull or push to release the lock.
any suggestions appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts