Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Cerato
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchased a genuine bonnet protector.

I thought it would be easy to install myself.

i thought wrong. lol :blush:

does any one know how to install this? ive read the instructions back to front and they dont make sense to me.

i dont want to ruin the front chrome trim on the bonnet as it does state i need to slot two of the clips into that... but i have heavy hands and i dont wanna take the risk of doing something ill regret.. haha and the instructions dont make sense to me..

so if anyone who has personally installed the bonnet protector..please help me with mine.. thanks :p

·
Registered
2004 Kia Cerato
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey chaz..

the bonnet protector is only that clear plastic mould that sits jus right above the front end of the bonnet..

its uses i guess is

1. to add style

2. to protect the bonnet from minor chips and stones from the road

3. to protect the bonnet from bugs that splatter all over the hood lol...

seems like a good idea to get the "bra" as its uses are quite like the bonnet protector but protects the whole front skirt and bonnet, which keeps the front end of the vehicle in mint condition from any scratches and dings.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just installed one of those black vinyl hood protectors, nose bras/LeBra, and it looks ugly!!! The bra itself is OK but doesn't fit well. There are fairly deep 2 recessed lines running longitudinally on the hood and they create ugly gap between the hood and the bra. What a mistake! FYI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried the leather bonnet and did not like it as well.

A friend of mine has a Porsche and told me about the invisiable bra he had on his, and I looked at it and found that it was hard to see it and if you told no one you had it on, it will be hard for anyone to see it.

I went to the site where you can buy it and install it yourself or have a pro install it for you in your area.

I must admit at first I was not so sure about, but I went to the local Porsche dealer and watched them install it on their Porsche's in which they charge their customers about $1,500 for it and I have to tell you I was really surprise and happy to see it done.

So, I went to my local dealers and the price varies from $500 to $1000 to install on my car. So, I went online to the site and ordered the hood and fenders kit for about $65 and there are videos and manuals available to me to watch step by step and it looks like something I can do. But if you check the site out , they have a sportage they did and it is hard to see the film.

It also protects the paint against flying rocks traveling anyway between 30 - 60 miles an hour.

And you can wash and polish normally!!

UPDATE: Another friend of mine has a Spec 5 as well and beat me to the punch, and ordered his kit before me and I was over his house to see and help with the install ............................... it took about 1 1/2 hours for the hood and the fenders and we took our time to get it right and I have to tell you it can not be seen from afar and some of the people we invited to look at it .... thought it was just polished. And .. now I feel confident I can do mines without any problems. He said he wanted to do the front bumper by himself and will let me know when is done sometime this weekend or next.

Now, I can not wait for my first kit to come in.... which is the hood and fenders, after this is done ................ I will order the front bumper kit $140

This kit is guarantee to last as long as you own your car .............. not bad.

Hope this adds another way to protect your car.

Here is the link: http://www.invisiblemask.com/

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
hmoore said:
I have tried the leather bonnet and did not like it as well.

A friend of mine has a Porsche and told me about the invisiable bra he had on his, and I looked at it and found that it was hard to see it and if you told no one you had it on, it will be hard for anyone to see it.

I went to the site where you can buy it and install it yourself or have a pro install it for you in your area.

I must admit at first I was not so sure about, but I went to the local Porsche dealer and watched them install it on their Porsche's in which they charge their customers about $1,500 for it and I have to tell you I was really surprise and happy to see it done.

So, I went to my local dealers and the price varies from $500 to $1000 to install on my car. So, I went online to the site and ordered the hood and fenders kit for about $65 and there are videos and manuals available to me to watch step by step and it looks like something I can do. But if you check the site out , they have a sportage they did and it is hard to see the film.

It also protects the paint against flying rocks traveling anyway between 30 - 60 miles an hour.

And you can wash and polish normally!!

UPDATE: Another friend of mine has a Spec 5 as well and beat me to the punch, and ordered his kit before me and I was over his house to see and help with the install ............................... it took about 1 1/2 hours for the hood and the fenders and we took our time to get it right and I have to tell you it can not be seen from afar and some of the people we invited to look at it .... thought it was just polished. And .. now I feel confident I can do mines without any problems. He said he wanted to do the front bumper by himself and will let me know when is done sometime this weekend or next.

Now, I can not wait for my first kit to come in.... which is the hood and fenders, after this is done ................ I will order the front bumper kit $140

This kit is guarantee to last as long as you own your car .............. not bad.

Hope this adds another way to protect your car.

Here is the link: Paint Protection for your vehicle. Also known as Invisible Bra. Welcome to InvisibleMask.com
Hey guys, I had the front of my Spec5 wrapped in the clear film, a little expensive,($500.00US), BUT WELL WORTH IT! If you do a lot of hiway driving you will not regret it!

Steve

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
183 Posts
You Brits/Aussies are so *cute* when you talk about your car's "bonnet". :)

In the U.S., a bonnet is something put on a little girl's head!

http://www.dollcloset.com/media/KamiandDoll1agreatbuy.jpg

And don't EVEN get me started on that whole napkin / serviette debate!

:)

-SM

P.S. How did the term 'boot' ever arise for the cargo area? In the U.S. the term 'trunk' (which we still use today) came from the fact that early autos literally had trunks strapped on the back of them. But where did "boot" come from? Were boxes/trunks in the British Empire referred to as "boots" once upon a time?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts