Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought winter rims for my S5 and am experiencing a vibration issue. I am told by the tech that the multifit rims that my tires are on do not centre up that well on the hub and thats why I am experiencing some vibration. OK here is my question. Can i get hubcentric rings to fix this problem, and if so, does anyone know what size i would need?

Thanks, and did enyone else notice that The Tire Rack lists a different bolt pattern for our car than the other major wheel stores. TTR=4x114 Others=4x100.

G.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The spectra 5 has 4x114.5mm bolt pattern. This is the same as the accord and nissan 240.

If your rims aren't centered, you're going to have a huge vibration problem, even at low speeds. You should be able to hear and see it going down the road.

If your rims are too loose, they're sitting too low to the ground when you put them on (gravity...). You'll need to have someone hold it in the exact center while you tighten the lug nuts, or find something to space the rims with.

I had a similar problem with my winter steelies, that were from a different car. I found a way to hold it in the center while I tightened the lug nuts and everything was fine.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts