Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX-V6 FWD, Nissan Quest 1996, Hyundai Elantra 2000
320 Posts
Here are some pictures of the prep work for the molding, I will be putting them on tomorrow morning when the weather is cooler, I live in Peoria, Arizona where the current temp is 108 today :)
Very interesting. Let us know how it goes.
Will also appreciate if you could tell us where did you buy it from and how do you feel the overall quality is like..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finished!

Here are my after photos of the door moldings I put on. I have to say they look pretty nice! My wife loves them and is glad we bought them.

Overall, they were pretty easy to install. There is a little stick you have to break and then some extra adhesive wets one end of the stick and you apply before the strip. It first comes out in small amounts but maybe I just didn't wait long enough because then on the back molding I pushed the stick end a little harder and it oozed out, so just be careful.

Please give me your thoughts and opinions of how they look, good or bad. Thanks in advance.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here are my after photos of the door moldings I put on. I have to say they look pretty nice! My wife loves them and is glad we bought them.

Overall, they were pretty easy to install. There is a little stick you have to break and then some extra adhesive wets one end of the stick and you apply before the strip. It first comes out in small amounts but maybe I just didn't wait long enough because then on the back molding I pushed the stick end a little harder and it oozed out, so just be careful.

Please give me your thoughts and opinions of how they look, good or bad. Thanks in advance.:)
Looks fantastic...

Thanks for sharing.. Does it come with the details instructions?
You had put the painters masking tape for the guide I guess.

Edit : Found the instructions on their website.. I wonder why they have gap of 1/4" for rear and 1/8" for front and not even..

·
Registered
320 Posts

Someone has used magnetic strip instead of permanent stick. Siund good.

Kia Sorento Painted Body Side Molding - Kia Door Protection and Sorento Side Body Molding

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone has used magnetic strip instead of permanent stick. Siund good.

Kia Sorento Painted Body Side Molding - Kia Door Protection and Sorento Side Body Molding
Yeah, I saw that, good idea I guess? But I mean why would you want to take them on and off? It's protecting the side from door dings, well some of them. Why would you want protection sometimes and not other? I think it makes the car look even better, plus I think on long road trips (I'm assuming) they would start to move down (the magnetic ones). You would have to be constantly adjusting them, that's just my assumptions.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Yeah, I saw that, good idea I guess? But I mean why would you want to take them on and off? It's protecting the side from door dings, well some of them. Why would you want protection sometimes and not other? I think it makes the car look even better, plus I think on long road trips (I'm assuming) they would start to move down (the magnetic ones). You would have to be constantly adjusting them, that's just my assumptions.
I dunno about protecting from door dings. Door dings seem to follow the same laws of physics that govern whether or not the top of a yogurt container lands "wet side down" or not. :) The offending doors seem to always have points above and below any "protective molding."

Well executed and it looks OK, but I remain skeptical if it actually helps prevent dings/chips in the door. I don't think I'd bother.

Best,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dunno about protecting from door dings. Door dings seem to follow the same laws of physics that govern whether or not the top of a yogurt container lands "wet side down" or not. :) The offending doors seem to always have points above and below any "protective molding."

Well executed and it looks OK, but I remain skeptical if it actually helps prevent dings/chips in the door. I don't think I'd bother.

Best,
Yes, that may hold true for most but I'd rather have something in place to catch some rather than none at all. Plus, I personally think they add to the appearance of the Sorento, but that's just mine opinion. I posted photos so others can see what they look like and decide whether or not to put them on or not. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento, 2015 Honda Pilot. 2004 Honda Element, 2013 Triumph Speedmaster
31 Posts
Looks very nice, and should help with those annoying dings! :)

·
Registered
320 Posts

Best,
After this I keep looking at every car to find out if they have in built protection. To ay surprise I find many manufacturers are not providing in built protection. Premium and Regular alike..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts