Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc sonoma
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nelson here, all body mount bushings gone that are visible, can i just replace lowers & where to buy, thanks nelson:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,924 Posts
Hi Nelson...Welcome!
I find rockauto.com to be a good place to buy parts.
They are honest, fast, and sell brand name parts at reasonable prices...
You might want to search SUV forums and GOOGLE for "Sportage Suspension Parts".
You are NOT alone...Lots of Sportage owners here (1995~present) with answers..
Dave
I hope others will chime in here also.

·
Registered
2002 gmc sonoma
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nelson here, thank you dave for responding, will try rock auto again seem like i have all over might have to buy from kia, rubber bushings, lower $18 x 8, would like to here from others with same problem, thanks dave-------------nelson------------------------

·
Registered
2002 gmc sonoma
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nelson here, thanks again dave, been all over net nothing but universal, take a chance, will go to local kia just for lowers, thanks nelson

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any update???

My daughter has a 2000 and it looks like they body mount bushings are completely GONE!!! Non existent!! I want to replace them with better than the stock pieces of "BREAD" that have been eaten by the Florida heat. I have looked all over the internet and found only KIA has them. Lowers are $8.34 each and Uppers are $28.64 each. OUCH!!!!!!!! $300.00 for a full set. Of course I asked if they were coming here to put them on!!!!!! lol.. He also told me they sell a lot of them.

So what is everyone here doing for replacement mounts?

I called Energy Suspension and he said they don't have plans to make them and it takes about 6 months from first look to finished and ready to sell products. He then sent me to SUSPENSION.COM to look at their charts of existing mounts to try to get something close. The problem I have with that is that I have NOTHING TO MEASURE!! And the dealer will not take back the parts if special ordered..

So does anyone here have a set they can post the dimensions of??

Please tell us what you did if you have done this R&R....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts