Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a body lift kit. just installed some 31s and tires rub on the bottom rear corner of the fender when I turn, I cut out and hammer that section of the fender and now if clear but I'm sure it will hit again with suspension articulation .

so my cheap solution till I can order the extended forks from Korea is a 2-3 inch body lift. only place I have found a kit is from 4crawler at $320. that seem like a really steep price to me

has anybody used a cheaper kit . or made there own? and Moe importantly if you made your own where did you find the stud extender for the body mount bolts.
any help is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used the 1 3/8 4crawler kit. Also had to purchase the extended captive bolts as well at a later date when I installed.

I have been researching kia parts for years. Your only choice is to get something custom made if you don't want to pay for the 4crwler kit.

For what it's worth I wouldn't stuff around with it and just use the 4crawler kit. The sporty has a unique Bobby mount and the 4 crawler kit takes this into account really well. Great product.

Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have pictures of your body lift?. 4crawler is the only option $320 seems kinda steep thou... I might just end up buying it won't have any other optiins. thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here is a picture of the bare body mount which will show why the 4wheeler body lift pucks are shaped the way they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
And here is one of the body lift puck fitted.
I optioned the colour coating when I ordered mine. The White sponge looking thing underneath is the new style body lift rubbers which I fitted at the same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
And here is one with the whole shebang. Bobby lift plug, bolt extension, new body rubbers and custom spacer/ washer to fit over the new body rubbers and take into account eh bolt extensions stuck up a bit to far and wouldn't tighten properly.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts