Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Borrego
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to comment about a body lift whether it would be half and inch or up to 2 inch lift for body on frame Borrego.

Any Mechanic out there know if the linkages from the shifter to the transmission or any other problems there might be to lift the body on the Borrego?

I am not thinking of doing this today but would like to add maybe an inch to inch and a quarter lift down the road just to gain addtl. ride height and additional look and feel.

Impact to the Stability control etc.

Any thoughts about anything above? Body on frame this lift kit should be like a truck, right?
Anyone else think about doing it? Research?
:ph34r::puzzled:

·
Registered
Kia Mohave EX 3.8, Kia Sorento 3.5 V6 2006 and and a Citroen C3 1.4
134 Posts
Well the only reason to lift it may only be if you are doing some serious off-road. But from a friend i know, who lifted his F-150 i don't think it will be a good idea. Lifting it ruins the handling and upsets the Aerodynamics and this means that it also upsets the gas milleage. If you use the truck only on roads and light off road i think there is no point whatsoever lifting the car. Not to mention that with the stock tires the car will look weird when it is lifted by almost 3 centimetres. (inch and a quarter). But who am i? I wouldn't do it but i just express an opinion. :) All the best and update.

·
Registered
2006 Sportage
408 Posts
i wouldnt, they have sensors like g force sensors and yaw rate sensors in them. Lifting the vehicle could cause inaccurate readings from these sensors. They are used for many different things like airbags, brake assist, hill assist and whatnot, do what you want, but i would leave it alone.

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I am not a mechanic but...

I am not a mechanic, but in my opinion you will be causing far more problems than whatever little bit of satisfaction you get from being a bit higher on the road. Everything from the warranty to the ESC could be voided or inoperable.

Anyone care to comment about a body lift whether it would be half and inch or up to 2 inch lift for body on frame Borrego.

Any Mechanic out there know if the linkages from the shifter to the transmission or any other problems there might be to lift the body on the Borrego?

I am not thinking of doing this today but would like to add maybe an inch to inch and a quarter lift down the road just to gain addtl. ride height and additional look and feel.

Any thoughts about anything above? Body on frame this lift kit should be like a truck, right?

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
You could just...

You could just put a taller tire on the truck. 60 series tires are relatively low, especially for trucks. That might also help some others with the stiff truck ride. More tire sidewall volume to soften road impacts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would use either coilsprings.com or find a spacer for the setup... the borrego uses a very close design to the explorer...they have many options for them try it out. as far as the truck it may seem more tipsy but other than that lower mileage. if you lift it though you can put alot of stress on ball joints and half shafts so be careful. i guess find out how high the air setup gets on the UAE mojave and thats probably as high as they deemed safe.

·
Registered
Borrego
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with all the findings in this post .... something I needed to know.
Probably the 60 series tires is an excellent idea....
I hear you about the half shafts and U joints stress...
When I had a 1500 Chevy I had to replace the u joint and found out the person before had it a little higher so the factory joints were not rated for that degree of lift....

Proves that this forum is a great help for those of us without the fore thought and mechanical knowlege.. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
09 borrego new 03 dodge diesel
82 Posts
As a side note on other trucks as in dodge ford and gmc, a body lift is the only lift that does not void the warranty, That was as of a year ago when I was at the stealership working.
If I was to do a lift it would be a body lift 2" As to help with the bigger tires for better clearance.

·
Registered
Borrego / Mohave
2 Posts
Old post but worth giving it some fresh blood... I have recently put a set of 1" spacers from Motorsport Tech - NV / front and back on my Mohave (yeah I am not based in US). I also installed a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/65R18. This combination gives a bit of bad a** attitude to the Mohave / Borrego. The first day there was a bit of rub on the back to the inner wheel liner because of the extra inch, but I have removed the mud guard and things are better now... Still planning to lift the "beast". I have been in touch with our friends from the Russian forum and these guys are just insane but apparently kits for Toyota Prado 90 series do fit the Borrego so I might go with an Ironman kit... I will keep you posted if it's of any interest for you.

·
Registered
kia mohave
1 Posts
Hi loicdxb do let us know how did the mods go for your Mohave also if possible do let us know how reliable the Mohave is in our middleeastern climate. Thanks

Old post but worth giving it some fresh blood... I have recently put a set of 1" spacers from Motorsport Tech - NV / front and back on my Mohave (yeah I am not based in US). I also installed a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/65R18. This combination gives a bit of bad a** attitude to the Mohave / Borrego. The first day there was a bit of rub on the back to the inner wheel liner because of the extra inch, but I have removed the mud guard and things are better now... Still planning to lift the "beast". I have been in touch with our friends from the Russian forum and these guys are just insane but apparently kits for Toyota Prado 90 series do fit the Borrego so I might go with an Ironman kit... I will keep you posted if it's of any interest for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts