Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL,
my contacts will not upload, my old phones paired them and the contacts went in, now with this phone I have none any suggestions thank you

Oh one more thing even with the old phone, sometimes when I said call name, the reply was there is no name, would not load all the contacts either at times.. thanks again

·
Registered
Kia Sorento EX 2012
109 Posts
It Syncs with my Galaxy S2 for about 20 seconds and then it disconnects and reconnects and cycles all over again.

When I first got my Sorento it Synched just fine and I loved it then all of a sudden no longer as of a month ago :(

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
Mine did that before (atrix 4g). It just started working again for some reason. You can try to delete the phone from UVO and then reconnect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem. My wife had an LG phone and it synced flawlessly. Now we both have Samsung Galaxy S3's and the syncing doesn't work at all...

·
Registered
Sorento SX; 07 BMW 335i
21 Posts
i have an S2 and it does exactly the same as Nikmal described! And I supposedly have all the up to date upgrades and patches on the s/w and h/w. I have a '13 SX with Prem pkg.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento EX 2012
109 Posts
Mine still does not Sync with my S2. All the updates to both my UVO and the Phone. Still nothing. I Deleted it from the UVO system. I thought of most things I can do and still nothing. :(

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
i have an S2 and it does exactly the same as Nikmal described! And I supposedly have all the up to date upgrades and patches on the s/w and h/w. I have a '13 SX with Prem pkg.
This is the ROM I use on my Galaxy SII and it works just fine:

|ROM| Jedi Knight 6 |4.0.4| 12|07 - xda-developers

If you look at your android settings app and look at the "about phone" at the end, what version of Android are you running?

One of my co-workers just picked up a Galaxy S3. I'll see if I can borrow it for a few minutes and give it a try.

Best,

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6 AWD w/Sunroof, RIDES a 2012 Suzuki GSXR 600
189 Posts
Simple fix.... remove S3 from Sorento. Throw away. Replace with iPhone. Problem solved...

:p

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
The s3 will sync but

the s3 will sync and connect but it has to be connected manually.. go to phone settings on the keypad screen of the sorento--> connections, --> connect...

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
761 Posts
With Android, you have to give permissions to sync. There's another thread that discusses this. A prompt will show up on your phone/device asking for permission...address book permission or something along those lines. Look in the normal notification area on your phone. If you miss it, no sync. If you give it permission, it will be fine going forward. If you don't, I don't know if it will ask again. You may have to remove/re-add to re-pair the devices to have it ask for permission again. You should remove them on both the Sorento and your phone/device.

Don't forget that this means your phone will sync each time it connects. There's a setting in the SX nav to turn on/off the syncing.

I base the above on what I experienced with my 2012 SX and phone.

·
Registered
Sorento SX; 07 BMW 335i
21 Posts
This is the ROM I use on my Galaxy SII and it works just fine:

|ROM| Jedi Knight 6 |4.0.4| 12|07 - xda-developers

If you look at your android settings app and look at the "about phone" at the end, what version of Android are you running?

One of my co-workers just picked up a Galaxy S3. I'll see if I can borrow it for a few minutes and give it a try.

Best,
Android version 4.0.4

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
104 Posts
I don't have NAV, so I don't know if it's different, but I never had to give my S3 permission, it just did it, and still works fine...is NAV different??

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
I don't have NAV, so I don't know if it's different, but I never had to give my S3 permission, it just did it, and still works fine...is NAV different??
I don't have the nav system either...just the plain Jane UVO w/Infinity system. I haven't had an issue pairing any of my android devices.

*shrug*

·
Registered
Kia Sorento EX 2012
109 Posts
I don't have Nav and my S2 still does not connect. Yes I gave it permission too. Deleted it from the UVO system. Unpaired the phone and even made sure I went in to the settings for it and physically made sure it was all gone from both the UVO and the phone and I am STILL not getting a solid connection but it connects and then after a minute disconnects waits 45 seconds and tries to connect once again. Cycling over and over :(

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
I don't have Nav and my S2 still does not connect. Yes I gave it permission too. Deleted it from the UVO system. Unpaired the phone and even made sure I went in to the settings for it and physically made sure it was all gone from both the UVO and the phone and I am STILL not getting a solid connection but it connects and then after a minute disconnects waits 45 seconds and tries to connect once again. Cycling over and over :(
Maybe you have a defective unit. I flash my ROM every so often to update the firmware (on my phone) which requires me to re-pair it. I just go to:

settings > bluetooth (turn it on) and press "scan for devices"

Then on the UVO I go to the phone menu and click "connect". After that, the phone automatically connects by itself.

This is with a T-Mobile Galaxy SII.

Best,

·
Registered
Kia Sorento EX 2012
109 Posts
Maybe you have a defective unit. I flash my ROM every so often to update the firmware (on my phone) which requires me to re-pair it. I just go to:

settings > bluetooth (turn it on) and press "scan for devices"

Then on the UVO I go to the phone menu and click "connect". After that, the phone automatically connects by itself.

This is with a T-Mobile Galaxy SII.

Best,
I do the EXACT same thing. I have ICS on my phone and it is completely up to date with both software on my UVO and Phone. Now sure what is going on. No it is NOT defective as I have connected other phones to it via bluetooth and have connected OTHER bluetooth devices to my cell phone too with no problems. Not sure what to do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks I did get it to work.. one thing though.. same thing happened with my other phones, contacts are never the same. sometimes there's more or less.. I don't get that.. other than that works fine.. I have the oplder version navigation system.. will not pay 200 bucks to upgrade a year later.. rip off. by the way iphones suck..

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6 Luxury
89 Posts
This is why I miss my iPhone too many steps extra steps with Android. You have to sync your phone to your Sorento, then your Android with ask if its ok to sync hit yes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts