Kia Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I have a 2010 V6 EX, no nav but it does have the bluetooth already installed. Exteremely handy, but would be even better if it worked properly. The whole bluetooth system works except for the steering wheel controls. The car had the problem from day 1 and had I known it would take this long (going on 7 months) to figure out the problem I wouldn't have driven it off the lot; the problem is still not solved and the car goes back in again next week. BUT that aside, a properly working kia installed bluetooth system is very convienent.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Add-on Bluetooth & Second seat carpet

Okay, I was pretty skeptical about spending $400 on a factory add-on bluetooth for my Borrego. Here's a summary of my review:

Pro's:
- Actually a really easy to use pairing and phone book system. It doesn't import your numbers automatically, but putting them in verbally is a breeze.
- The buttons are lit when the car is on, so it looks integrated and when you are using the bluetooth, a blue sliver of a light comes on.
- Sound quality is very good (not as good as if through the speaker system, but better than any add-on unit I've seen)

Con's
- Definitely expensive!
- Not integrated into the radio/GPS
- The back unit with the wires shows; there should be a cover so you don't see the exposed wires (especially for $400!)

All and all, if you use your phone a lot, I'd recommend getting this.

I also the second seat carpet installed (replacing the plastic backs) and it looks great! Thanks to the team here for the tips!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Okay, I was pretty skeptical about spending $400 on a factory add-on bluetooth for my Borrego. Here's a summary of my review:

Pro's:
- Actually a really easy to use pairing and phone book system. It doesn't import your numbers automatically, but putting them in verbally is a breeze.
- The buttons are lit when the car is on, so it looks integrated and when you are using the bluetooth, a blue sliver of a light comes on.
- Sound quality is very good (not as good as if through the speaker system, but better than any add-on unit I've seen)

Con's
- Definitely expensive!
- Not integrated into the radio/GPS
- The back unit with the wires shows; there should be a cover so you don't see the exposed wires (especially for $400!)

All and all, if you use your phone a lot, I'd recommend getting this.

I also the second seat carpet installed (replacing the plastic backs) and it looks great! Thanks to the team here for the tips!
Can you post a couple pics of the unit, please?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine had the carpet backs when I went to look at it. The picture showed the scratched up plastic backs on the dealers website. I guess I am lucky they had them changed over. Bought mine from a dealer here in Georgia. It was an Atlanta Corporate car. Paid $23 and change w/ 9000 miles in excellent shape, and carried over all the warranties. I would love to have the factory nav. system though if the cost is not to outragious.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes, it is the Kia unit. However, various other countries got different navigation units and hence may have bluetooth integrated in a different fashion. In the USA, we got the short end of the stick - but that's okay!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the factory nav and bluetooth. I don't think that the sunglass holder opens on mine. It seems like it is intended to stay closed. I really like the bluetooth. It works great. That explains why I have never seen exposed wires.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's interesting... Given the way mine is constructed, it seems as though opening for purposes of putting one's sunglasses in, is a no brainer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When the dealer installed the bluetooth in my Borrego (4WD V6 EX with DVD) he said to not use that as a sunglass holder anymore. I do love the bluetooth though. I only wish it would integrate with the stereo. It just amazes me that there are like 12 wires in the bluetooth connection, yet it only uses probably 2 or 3. What are all of the other wires for? Bummer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you post a couple pics of the unit, please?
Hi, I know this is an old topic for you guys, but I just joined the forum and am looking to get a Blue tooth system from kia in my Borrego. I own a 2009 EX V8. When I bought it I was told it had a blue tooth system but it did not. I have a few questions:
1) Does anyone have an Iphone that has the system? If not, does anyone know if it is compatible.
2) What do you mean it is "Not integrated into the radio/GPS"

Thanks,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bluetooth

I have had a few built in bluetooth units However the borrego does not have one, I purchased a handsfree Blueant bluetooth velcroed it to the dash and it works great, OK so I have to manually lower volume on radio when I get a call, not a big deal...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts