Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Rondo Ex that included Bluetooth in the radio.

The connection works to the phones we have (iPhone 4 and 4S), and we can play music and answer calls, and that all works fine.

What I can't figure out is how to activate voice dialing via the car's controls. The microphone works to talk on a call after it's answered, but I've tried all sorts of combinations of button presses, and there seems to be no way to invoke the voice dialing mode using the car's radio or steering wheel buttons.

Did Kia not implement this feature? Seems stupid not to, since the microphone is there, and they're implementing the bluetooth headset protocol.

· Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,520 Posts
not too familar with the current Rondo stereo system, but it does not have the UVO system which is the voice activated system, so quite possible its only there for voice talking not activation. I have a separate button on my steering wheel for this specific purpose with my UVO system on my Soul.

Your dealer should be able to clarify it for you.

I owned a 2008 EX Rondo 2.4L for four years, great vehicle, traded it for the Soul a few months ago.

· Registered
2009 Kia rondo
1 Posts
09 Rondo dialing with Bluetooth troubles

I am currently experiencing the same troubles with my 2009 Kia Rondo. I have no problems connecting to the Bluetooth or answering calls but when I try to call using the Bluetooth over the radio it starts to connect & even dials when I use the controls on my iPhone 4s but shortly after beginning to dial I can no longer heard any thing; I am told that the person on the other end can still hear me. I can't seem to figure this out bcuz when I answer a call incoming over the radio by the answer button on the stereo I have no trouble hearing anything.
If anyone has any suggestions or advise I would greatly appreciate it; especially since I bought this vechical only 9 months ago from a Kia dealer!

Sincerely,

Frustrated with Bluetooth,

Green21

· Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
489 Posts
If you bought it 9 months ago, take it back to the dealer. I believe the warranty on the audio equipment is only 30K miles, though. Also, what model Rondo do you have and where are you located? I also have a 2009 Rondo, but the head unit doesn't have bluetooth or anything, just the USB and 3.5mm aux in the console. Didn't think the 2009 had an option for bluetooth, unless it's a higher trim than mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.