Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX AWD 2.4L 191 hp I4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2013 Sorento LX for a couple weeks know and I am having problems with my bluetooth. I currently use a Tracfone LG420G s/w version LG420GHL_V10f. It hooked up with the bluetooth with no problems it seems. However, I am having trouble with the UVO. I can be driving down the road with the radio playing and sometimes the phone display will appear even though I have not touch any button or anything. This has happened 4-5 times. The last time I noticed it even went to my contact list.

Also, I believe it has even dialed someone on my contact list as I was driving home the other day and I got a call on the blue tooth from my sister-in-law. I thought it odd as she never calls me, especially on my cell. Well it turns out, a few minutes before she called me, she got a call from me (my cell) but didn't hear me. She was worried that I was trying to contact her about my wife. With the display of my contact list last night while driving, this leads me to believe the bluetooth called her.

Has anyone heard of this problem. Could it be compatibility? I took it into the dealer but as usual, they had no problem with there phones.

Thanks for your help and I will probably copy this into the Components forum.

Have a great day.
Dennis

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
sounds like "ghost in the machine"

while technically i can see why or how this could have happened, i don't think it should have happened.

so the next best thing to try, is to disable voice commands on the UVO, and if possible disable voice command on your phone as well.

all the other technical glitches that could cause similar things a much less plausible than a voice activation bug.

another thing you could try is to upgrade your phone Firmware

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
I have similar issues (but with USB rather than Bluetooth). If I have a usb fob connected to the UVO system, it will interrupt the current input and switch to reading the USB media and then play the first track on the USB device by itself. I initially thought this was due to the USB fob being jostled by a bump causing it to disconnect and reconnect (which forces it to re-read the USB directory contents), but it also happens when the car is perfectly still at a traffic light. It's a bit frustrating, but it hasn't annoyed me enough to bring it back to the dealer yet.

Bluetooth has been rock solid.

Best,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the response. I am not very technical but I thought the voice activation was nice, I really don't use it. I may try to deactivate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VIM, sorry I am a technical novice. What do you mean by the firmware revision and where do I find the information?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
I have similar issues (but with USB rather than Bluetooth). If I have a usb fob connected to the UVO system, it will interrupt the current input and switch to reading the USB media and then play the first track on the USB device by itself. I initially thought this was due to the USB fob being jostled by a bump causing it to disconnect and reconnect (which forces it to re-read the USB directory contents), but it also happens when the car is perfectly still at a traffic light. It's a bit frustrating, but it hasn't annoyed me enough to bring it back to the dealer yet.

Bluetooth has been rock solid.

Best,
have you tried another USB key?
it might just be lose
mine works perfectly

my only complain is the "RANDOM" is not random, it always creates 90% of the same play-list every-time i turn on the car

i'm using a 32GB USB key with tons of songs, but the UVO system keeps playing the same ones over and over again whenever i use "random"

i have better luck at playing normal than random, at least i know how far back or how far ahead i need to skip to listen to something else

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
have you tried another USB key?
it might just be lose
mine works perfectly
I have two different 32GB fobs and one 64GB. The same thing happens on all 3. They're all Sandisk parts. It's gotten to the point now where I just leave the USB fob out until I want to use it. Otherwise, it will periodically pre-empt whatever I'm listening to.

Best,

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
off2jamaica, if you had voice dialling on, perhaps it mistook some sound (from the radio maybe)to a phone book entry and dialled it? Just a thought!

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
off2jamaica, if you had voice dialling on, perhaps it mistook some sound (from the radio maybe)to a phone book entry and dialled it? Just a thought!
yup, my same though exactly

that's why i suggested him to turn off / disable all the voice command features, and see how it goes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup, my same though exactly

that's why i suggested him to turn off / disable all the voice command features, and see how it goes
BB,
But for voice command, I thought I had to press the button on the steering wheel to activate it to give a command. Sorry I am a novice since I just got the vehicle 2 and half weeks ago.

Also, how do I know what version of Firmware is on the UVO. I would think since I am driving a 2013 and the latest update was released last October I would have it. But then again.............

Thanks for your help.
Dennis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts