Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 KIA FORTE EX
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:
I have vocal paralysis and I need to add a new phone to the system on my Forte. However, the voice recognition feature refuses to understand my gravelly voice. How do I update the info without voice recognition? There must be some way around it... right? What do you know? Thanks, Ray

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,235 Posts
Have a friend make the commands for you?
You might also have to first get the system to "forget" about your previous phone.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,235 Posts
I've paired a lot of BlueTooth devices, not necessarily to cars, and never needed voice recognition.

1. Make sure phone is broadcasting BT signal and is identified as RAYSPHONE or similar.

2. Search for BT signals with car audio system. Menu systems to do this will vary.

3. When discovered, enter code (usually 1234 or 0000).

4. Some systems allow you to download contacts and then use voice recognition. If your voice is too gravelly, maybe change the spelling of your main contacts to make it easier for the system to recognise your version. For example, one of my contacts spells her name LYNE, and speech recognition expects this to be pronounced as LINE, so it's just LYN in the phone now.

Let us know how you get on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts