Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage 2013
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bluetooth - "Incoming Call" - Blackberry 9900

I have a 2013 Sportage and a Blackberry Bold 9900. The Bluetooth system was working just fine until Friday night (Feb/1st), when it started to receive a constant "Incoming Call / Unknown" every 5 seconds. The display on my UVO said there was an incoming call, but the phone in my hand had no call.

If I accept the call, nothing happens, and if I reject the call, the incoming call is back after 5 secs.

I tried deleting my phone and pairing it again, but as soon as the connection is complete, the annoying call starts again. I also tried using my wife’s Samsung Galaxy and it worked like a charm (i.e.: no incoming call or any other issues).

Can anyone help me solve this problem?‎ :confused:

Thanks.-

·
Registered
Sportage 2013
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi WISportageSX !

I'm in Canada and my phone provider is called ROGERS, so I'm not sure if that table applies here. I tried finding the Canuck equivalent to that link, but had no luck.

The thing is, I've been driving my KIA since November 2012 and I've been using the same BlackBerry with no Bluetooth issues before :(

I also checked if BB ran an update or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks.-

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD Mineral Silver
459 Posts
Not sure if there is an update for your UVO. Might want to hit the Canadian Kia site, owner's area and see.

If it was working right and then just stopped, something changed on your phone I would guess unless you did an update to your UVO.

I can't find a Canadian version of that PDF either... Might be worth a call to Kia. But I would guess if they didn't list the US version of the phone as supported, then the Canadian one isn't either.

·
Registered
Sportage 2013
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a similar issue in another thread:
Bluetooth - constant "Incoming Call" after setup
http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-soul-forum/65220-bluetooth-constant-incoming-call-after-setup.html

The issue was between a BlackBerry 8520 connecting to a 2011 Kia Soul, but the problem was the same: a constant Incoming Call after setup.

Here is the proposed solution:

1. delete both the Kia from the BlackBerry, and the BlackBerry from the Kia
2. under BlackBerry bluetooth options, there is a connect on startup option, select: NO
3. go ahead and pair both devices
4. now when you see Kia on the BlackBerry bluetooth paired devices, click device options, then under the "Encryption", click DISABLE
5. in the BlackBerry device options for the Kia, change "trusted" to "yes" to have the device automatically pair with the car.

I haven't tried it yet, but I hope it works ;)

·
Registered
Sportage 2013
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to update this thread with the good news: The solution above works!

I'm no expert, but I think the key for the solution is point #5:

"5. in the BlackBerry device options for the Kia, change "trusted" to "yes" to have the device automatically pair with the car. "

The default on my BB was "Prompt" and the options are: Prompt, Yes, No, Silent. As soon as I paired the devices, I received the annoying incoming call, but as soon as I changed the Trusted options to "Yes", the incoming call stopped and now my BB is working as a charm using my Sportage's Bluetooth tools.

Thank you all for your help!

Cheers.-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts