Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I've been enjoying my 2013 Kia Rio5 SX for the last few months but, I've started to get a little annoyed with the lack of what is actually a more common feature than I had realized. Bluetooth Audio works, play/pause, next/previous, but no track information ever shows on the screen in this mode. I've tried this with a stock Google Nexus S(Android 4.1), a Rooted Google Nexus S(AOKP Android 4.1) and an Iphone 4S (iOS5.1).

It seems pretty tricky to get any technical info or confirmation as to what UVO supports, the supported models listed on the PDF on the KIA website is over a year old and therefore at least one OS version behind what current smart phones are using.

Anyhoo, does anyone know what UVO currently supports? I know the iphone works in a 2011 model toyota corola but, not in my 2013 rio5 SX. The version of UVO i have is 1.MP.9.008 .AOKP uses AVRPC 1.3

Thanks in advance guys

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
Mine initially shows the info for the first track and then never updates it. If I switch inputs to another source and come back to the bluetooth stream, it will update to the current track info (and then not update it again). I finally got bored of dealing with that and bought a 64GB USB fob ($30 on Amazon) and put my tunes on there. That updates without a hitch. I'm using standard ID3 tags.

Best,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sauron,

I've monkeyed around with it since my initial post. It looks like my setup with my Nexus S (Android 4.1 AOKP) seems to work the same way. The initial title comes up but, doesn't update unless I switch from BT Audio to something else then back. It didn't work with the standard android 4.1 os

Sounds like it's a problem with UVO.

On top of that, I'm a bit nerdier than most and haven't been using mp3s for a few years now, I've been streaming all of my music until performing these tests. For all those interested, currently with android I haven't had any third party apps send any track info at all aside from Winamp and only with my mp3s stored on the phone, no Shoutcast stream support. I understand Pandora for iPhone supports bluetooth but, I'm in Canada where Pandora doesn't work, so I can't really test that. Anyway, just Winamp and the native Android 'Music' App are the only ones currently working with BT and only with stored mp3s. That being said, this part will correct itself, I'm sure more support will come before the year's end for android apps.

What version of UVO does everyone have?

Mine is 9.008 and I can't seem to find any place to update it (I tried to make an account on the KIA website but, it doesn't accept my VIN). If there's no update yet, I hope that one will come with improved BT Audio support.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
Thanks Sauron,

I've monkeyed around with it since my initial post. It looks like my setup with my Nexus S (Android 4.1 AOKP) seems to work the same way. The initial title comes up but, doesn't update unless I switch from BT Audio to something else then back. It didn't work with the standard android 4.1 os

Sounds like it's a problem with UVO.

On top of that, I'm a bit nerdier than most and haven't been using mp3s for a few years now, I've been streaming all of my music until performing these tests. For all those interested, currently with android I haven't had any third party apps send any track info at all aside from Winamp and only with my mp3s stored on the phone, no Shoutcast stream support. I understand Pandora for iPhone supports bluetooth but, I'm in Canada where Pandora doesn't work, so I can't really test that. Anyway, just Winamp and the native Android 'Music' App are the only ones currently working with BT and only with stored mp3s. That being said, this part will correct itself, I'm sure more support will come before the year's end for android apps.

What version of UVO does everyone have?

Mine is 9.008 and I can't seem to find any place to update it (I tried to make an account on the KIA website but, it doesn't accept my VIN). If there's no update yet, I hope that one will come with improved BT Audio support.
Yeah, it doesn't seem to matter which Android it is. I tried various iterations of Gingerbread and now I'm running ICS 4.0.3. JB is still too flaky on my Galaxy SII. I haven't really given it much thought since I threw up my hands and started using the USB fob to store my tunes.

How did you determine your UVO version?

Best,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts