Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bluetooth audio streaming suddenly gone - SOLVED

2012 sportage with UVO. From day one Bluetooth worked great. Audio streaming worked as expected.

One day last week I noticed BT audio steaming on my iPhone 4 is no longer an option. The BT phone features work as always. Now my iPhone makes the normal noises while paired, where it didn't when audio streaming was possible.

UVO is configured for steaming.
UVO is on latest firmware
iPhone is on 5.1.1
Already deleted phone pairing and repaired.
Disabled and enabled streaming on UVO
Checking BT profile on iPhone, don't see any streaming options, but don't remember if there were any when it worked.
I paired my iPhone with wife's Subaru about a month back. Didn't try streaming then. this is the only major change to iPhone in recent history.

Can you guys help? Im stumped. Short of resetting UVO to factory, I've tried all I can think of.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
Not sure if itll work, but try to disconnect your batter terminals for a few minutes and reconnect them. See if that works.

·
Registered
2K13 Forte SX Lux yada yada yada...
151 Posts
Better yet!

I know this sounds basics but it worked for my old 2011 Kia. REBOOT IPHONE!

:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOLVED!!

Reset UVO to factory defaults. What a pain in my ass. Repair phone, reset time, redo favorites, reactivate sat radio. Stupid error on UVO software.

FYI: disconnecting battery cables makes no sense.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
FYI: disconnecting battery cables makes no sense.
Sorry for trying to help.. you dont realize how many problems can be solved with disconnecting the battery terminals to cut power to all electrical of the car and reconnecting the terminals back will act as a reboot especially on an ECU malfunction. Who knows disconnecting the battery terminals could have reset your UVO back to factory.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
Disconnecting cables from battery doesn't make sense. Connecting them back after does as you said ;)

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
Disconnecting cables from battery doesn't make sense. Connecting them back after does as you said ;)
Hehehe good one. If you never reconnect the cables back, then pairing your phone is the least of your problems. And also reading a short 23 word post in its entirety also does not make sense either ;).

·
Registered
2K13 Forte SX Lux yada yada yada...
151 Posts
Rule of thumb:

When in doubt, R-E-B-o-o-T

On my old '11, drove me nuts flipping through the maze of options until I restarted everything

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts