Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Fiance's '12 SX I love, but when I get in hers to drive it, My phone pairs up right away like its supposed to, But... It doesnt seem to allow me to stream my music through the blue Tooth. It wont allow me to go into AUX mode on the stereo to stream. I have a '11 Sonana SE and as soon as mine pairs, I can go to AUX mode and stream Pandora, etc. Can the Sorento not do that?

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
On mine, I just hit the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "play bluetooth audio" and it works.

·
Registered
2011 Titanium Sorento SX - 39,000 miles since 03/2011
106 Posts
There is a setting that you might have to enable to allow your specific device to stream audio via bluetooth.

Look around the settings once your phone is connected, and you should see the option there.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how do you then get the phone to stream through it if its split that way? I want to be able to play Pandora, etc and on Road Trips in my car I can play Netflix through the stereo, so would be great to do in hers. :)

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
This won't answer your question directly, but Hyundai's and KIA's share the same technology. So if you can do it in the Sonata there is no reason why you can't in the Sorento. It's just a matter of getting the correct settings.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I would think, But I cant get the music to stream at all through the Sorento. The phone and the Sorento pair as soon as th ecar starts and uploads my contacts, But music... nope. In my Sonata it streams as soon as it connects. Odd.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
I didn't do anything special with my phone (Samsung Galaxy SII which is now running the latest ice cream sandwich build). It paired and phone calls and streaming audio just plain worked. I just hit the voice button on the steering wheel and say "play blutooth audio" and then I start the audio player on the phone. I haven't figured out how to do searches yet, but I've kinda lost interest since I now have a 64GB USB fob plugged in and play my music from there and only use the phone for phonecalls and nav.

Best,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts