Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Soul+ with the 2.0 engine that started knocking, lost oil pressure and went into limp mode. Our indy mechanic pulled the oil and it looks like it has glitter mixed in. It was strained and no bigs pieces of metal have been found.

He's telling us it's probably a blown main bearing. Since the engine hasn't been torn apart to save labor on what may be a lost cause I'm not sure if there is any other damage to the engine. When the initial issues began the car was driven another 20-30 miles before it was stopped.

I'm not sure if it's worth the price of an engine swap or rebuild, or if I should cut my losses part the car out and move on? any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2014 Soul+ with the 2.0 engine that started knocking, lost oil pressure and went into limp mode. Our indy mechanic pulled the oil and it looks like it has glitter mixed in. It was strained and no bigs pieces of metal have been found.

He's telling us it's probably a blown main bearing. Since the engine hasn't been torn apart to save labor on what may be a lost cause I'm not sure if there is any other damage to the engine. When the initial issues began the car was driven another 20-30 miles before it was stopped.

I'm not sure if it's worth the price of an engine swap or rebuild, or if I should cut my losses part the car out and move on? any input is appreciated!
How many miles on the chassis? Overall condition?you can get a used engine for 1500

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to very good. there's a bit of cosmetic damage but serious. I think the chassis has the same number of miles (~110k).

If it helps, the previous owner told us the car was purchased from a rental car auction at ~70K miles. I'm not entirely sure on service records but since we've had it I've followed the recommended maintenance in the owners manual and recently changed the timing belt, spark plugs, and accessory belt.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Being only 4 to 5 years old, what point is trying to be made is if the rest of the car is is very good shape and you're not too deep into it financially, putting another motor into it is less costly than buying another car. Only you know those financial criteria....Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes a lot of sense, thanks for the advice.

I'm looking for an engine now but can't find anything less than 2500 plus shipping.

If anyone knows of a good vendor I'd really appreciate it. It's a VIN 5 2.0 engine without auto start/stop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Andron Anomaly
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing