Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sorento purchased new in March 2010. It has now travelled just over 80,000 km. In this time I have blown 3 sets on low beam bulbs. They both blow together. If I averaged 60 km/hr I would have averager about 444.4 hours per set. Has anyone else had this problem. Kia Australia says it is the bulbs getting to the end of their life.
Has anyone else had this problem

·
Registered
2013 Sportage 2.0 AWD
9 Posts
i've burned my first bulb at 12,750 km, the seller told me it was because this car doesn't include drl, so I have to keep them turned on all day.
Does anyone know how to activate the DRL (high beam at half voltage) in a non american sorento? (the fuse trick doesn't works).

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
DRL's on Canadian Sorento's are half power high beams, My 2004 DRL's worked at full strength low beams and those kept burning out a lot the only things that would last for any length of time were HID's but even those would blow. I never heard of the newer style Sorento's having lighting issues.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,415 Posts
Blowing both bulbs out at the same time is odd. What type of replacement bulbs are you using? Check the pin tension in the bulb connectors.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,512 Posts
Get a larger amp battery. Worked for me. Have not blown any lamps, front or rear in three years. They were blowing left and right before the larger battery.

Jmho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts