Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Kia Spectra GSX and the other day I hit a bum in the road while my A/C was on and the blower stopped. Ever since then it intermitting comes on and off while I have it turned on.

I think that it must be a short somewhere. Can someone tell me how to diagnosis a short? What equipment to buy if I need be?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this topic because my mom is having the exact same problem on her '98 Sephia. It began working intermittently, and then died completely. I'm trying to help her diagnose the problem but it's tough since I'm 1000 miles away. I'm not all that familiar with Kias, but I have some ideas for what you could try. Please post back here with what you find out so I can try to track down this problem!

First check the fuses.. This is almost certainly not the problem since it's intermittent, but it takes 10 seconds to look. Maybe it just came loose.

On most cars I've dealt with you can get to the blower motor by opening the glovebox, then pressing in two tabs on the sides which lets it drop all the way down. You should then be able to see the motor. Look at the electrical connector to see if it is loose or melted.

If it looks good, pull the climate control panel out from the dash and look at the connector on the back of the fan speed switch to see if there's anything wrong.

If it's OK too, hopefully someone with more Kia-specific expertise can help us out. :)

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,115 Posts
the blower is only accessable from under the dash cannot get to it by removing the glove box....
id say if it doesnt work you need a new blower......
check the connection on the blower probably loose if it does and doesnt work..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts