Kia Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,789 Posts
Hello Loyale!

Thanks again so much for all of your help. I am almost done fixing this Kia!
You're Welcome!

I wired up the relay, however, the relay did not switch to deliver power to the blower.
For some reason, the 12V is not transferring from Pin 30 (Input) to Pin 87 (Output) of the relay...
I bet that your Relay is Wrong.

Are you using a Bosch Standard Relay?

Click here for a 50 Amps example

The one with four pins only is your best bet.

You can test the relay by connecting the pin Nº 86 and the pin Nº 85 directly to the + and - from the Battery (either side is the same) and the Relay should emit a "Click" sound, made from the internals engaging the pin Nº 30 with the pin Nº 87 together.

If there is No click at all, your Relay is Bad, use a New one.

Kind Regards.

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,789 Posts
I almost forget to tell ya, that there are some Relays that looks identical to the Bosch standard ones, even they fit on the standard relay sockets; but their pins are located at different placements; I mean in a Bosch standard relay (or type B), the pin 30 (input) and pin 87 (output) are located directly in line, one if front the other; while the switching inputs (86 and 85) are crossing the line, side by side; while in a non standard relay (or type A), pins are lined diagonally, 30 and 87 in a corner, and 85 and 86 in the other corner.

Despite that a non standard relay fits on the socket of a Bosch standard relay, their internal wirings are not compatible, and using the wrong relay might be dangerous because can cause a short circuit...

Please see the drawing attached, below.
Greetings from Honduras.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sephia
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I did it! I made sure all wires were securely connected and I close everything up.

Here is the finished product!

Thanks so much for your help dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Great News!

I did it! ...
AWESOME!!! :thumbsup:

... I made sure all wires were securely connected and I close everything up. ...
Looks Great, and is nice to know that you made it!

Thank you for letting us know that you successfully repaired the issue on your Sephia.

I had to install another two outboard relays on our "KiaStein" they are for the Headlamps and the Starter, they all are working good and keeping the Kia working flawlessly, thanks to God.

... Thanks so much for your help dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...
You're Welcome!
Kind Regards.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts