Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX FWD, 2018 Niro PHEV EX Premium
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the manufacturers part number on the blower fan or have a picture of it? I'm curious to see if I can source a better replacement fan.
TIA.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,828 Posts
If your looking for a aftermarket fan assy what good would a factory part # do for you?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
2,064 Posts
He wants Kia's vendor name and part number.........

My fan works great....

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
925 Posts
Mine was squeaking on the low settings and had the dealer replace the fan just last week and the steering wheel because it was peeling because it was still under warranty. If your looking for a replacement fan because its squeaking then you should have your dealer look at it and replace it for free.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Mustang GT
209 Posts
I believe the best course of action regarding faulty blower motors would be to have everyone experiencing the issue have it replaced each and every time it makes noise. After enough people have their fans replaced, Kia will be forced to redesign their fan to a more reliable unit to avoid any more warranty claims. With most regions having a 5 year (or longer?) comprehensive warranty, that would be a lot of blower motors to replace! Kia would be foolish to not design a more reliable unit.

Does anyone have a recording of the noise the blower motor makes? Mine makes a really faint "ticking" sound when it is on the two lowest setting. The noise doesn't really bother me, and I do believe it sounds somewhat normal. I don't believe mine is afflicted with the noise problem, yet.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
925 Posts
I tried recording it but it was too high pitch for my phone to record. I hear it at level 1,2,3. Level 1 was the worse and it pretty much sounds like a cricket chirping nonstop. I told my dealer about the problem and they said they would look at it. When I got there they ordered the part in advance just incase and definately a squeaky bearing on the motor and replaced it.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX - Clear White
483 Posts
I just had my blower replaced over the weekend. Made a high pitched chirping noise. Apparently it's VERY common. But since it's under warranty I am not upset. After 100k if it happens again, I will be..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts